Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

MP CP2800 Problem

We are trying to use Locked Print Feature.
    We have 2008 R2 x64 Server where RPCS Drivers for both x64 and x86 installed (x64 driver with x86 driver installed in “Additional Drivers”)

When we try to print from x86 PC (after entering User ID and password) everything works fine and we can see this locked print job on the printer, but when we try to do the same from x64 machine (both XP x64 and Windows 7 x64) we receive no error but the job is not shows on the printer.

Any idea what we are doing wrong or is its some bug in x64 driver ?

Thanks.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    the only problemsi have seen with locked print have been sorted by the firmware as the
    jobs kept disapearing

Technician
    The problem is that it only happends from x64 PCs so I tend to think its a driver problem and not firmware.
    Anyway what is the latest firmware for this machine ? How can I get it if I don't have acess to Ricoh Tech site ?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP CP2800 Problem

Again it would be nice to have an alternative download loaction for the Ricoh Firmware other than TESSA.

Technician
    I really don't understand why they don't release firmware publicly just like drivers.
    It would solve them a lot of troubles, of course a user can break a machine with wrong firmware or problems during firmware update, but the user can also kill a server or a photo camera etc but still firmware for PC/Server is awaliable to all

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP CP2800 Problem

It is stupid! But even if you were to try to load the wrong firmware onto the wrong machine I am sure it just doens't let you anyway! So even if they tried really hard to break it they still couldn't!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP CP2800 Problem

Just out of interest. What happens if you print from the server using the x64 driver?

Technician
    If I print directly from the server or directly from x64 machine to the machine (without printing to a share driver on a server) it works fine.
    We also tried to install a driver on x86 server and add x64 in additional drivers, but it also does't work.

Something wrong when x64 send a locked print to a machine via server.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP CP2800 Problem

I seem to remember something about this (bells are ringing inside my head, lol). You loose the Locked print functionality when you print to a print share (32bit or 64 bit). To use the locked print feature the driver has to be installed locally. I don't remember them fixing it. The latest drivers should be available to download at Ricoh Support if its worth a shot.

Do they have many workstations or is it just not feasable to install the drivers locally?

Technician
    I'm using the latest drivers and unfortunatly I have too many workstations to install it locally, plus if I install it locally I can't force user to use only Locked Prints.