Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    An Old Copier Doctor 50+ Posts

LD238c COLOR PDF Scanning issues

This unit used to scan PDF's in color. Now the only way to scan in color is to make the scan a JPG. The only change made to the system was the IP address of the unit but since then the unit will not scan in color even though the settings are set for it both on the LD Unit and the ScanRouter software on the server. The client has one PC using Windows 7 - all others use Win XP and have been working fine. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Scanning to Folder or Email or Scanning Using Scanrouter? I using Folder and Email should be as simple as selecting the Option on the Screen. You can probably program it as default if you select it and select the Program Button.

They scan to folder but everything seems to be routed through the Scanrouter on their server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulkor View Post
    Scanning to Folder or Email or Scanning Using Scanrouter? I using Folder and Email should be as simple as selecting the Option on the Screen. You can probably program it as default if you select it and select the Program Button.

If I recall has to be Tiff or JPG to Scan in color in Scanrouter. I don't remember PDF scanning in color. Could be wrong though

I thought that was the case.Can we route directly to the folder from the device without going through the Scanrouter software on the server and still have it end up as a PDF file?

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by masterofpatience View Post
    I thought that was the case.Can we route directly to the folder from the device without going through the Scanrouter software on the server and still have it end up as a PDF file?
    Yes itīs possible to setup scan to folder on that machine just setup SMB settings.
    Hereīs some help: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ri...iterature.html
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Thanks to everyone for your advice . This is starting to seem like it may have been caused by the clients IT Techs as they made some changes to the way things were routed. Since it is their server , I'll have them check their routings and setups....

Quote Originally Posted by iMind View Post
    Yes itīs possible to setup scan to folder on that machine just setup SMB settings.
    Hereīs some help: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ri...iterature.html

IF you can get away from Scanrouter by all means do it unless that are using DesktopBinder. Scan to SMB/Email/FTP/ etc would be better.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Make sure the firmware for the Scan function is up to date. There were issues with this model with scanning to a Windows 2003 server thanks to some Microsoft changes in packet signing. Custom firmware is available on the TRSC/TESSA sites. I always install it for any customer looking for scan to folder.

PDF will scan in colour, though there is a size limit so for example a ledger sized original will not scan at 600 dpi in colour just because of the memory of the machine. Make sure the default settings in Scanner Features of User Tools haven't been changed from defaulting to Multipage PDF to TIFF or JPEG.

Can you recommend a download site? It's strange that this should have just stopped all of a sudden. It WAS working before we changed the IP on the NIC
    Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    Make sure the firmware for the Scan function is up to date. There were issues with this model with scanning to a Windows 2003 server thanks to some Microsoft changes in packet signing. Custom firmware is available on the TRSC/TESSA sites. I always install it for any customer looking for scan to folder.