Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    104HeatonRoad

Desperate plea: help with problematic Ricoh CL7000. Local professionals have failed!

Hi there,

My apologies for being an amateur on a site for professionals, and for my first post being a plea for help! I have done some serious googling on this and your forum is the only place that looks even remotely helpful:

I'm a designer that runs a Ricoh CL7000 in a small office---it has run fantastically for the year or so I have had it and I although I bought it used I have always tried to maintain it as well as possible. It has had fresh toner, fuser oil unit, a developer, and is regularly cleaned and maintained. Today when I switched it on it made some groaning noises while starting up, so I took out the PCUs, developers and fuser unit to see if I could see any problems. The only thing I found was that one of the small, sprung plastic guide that presses against the fuser rollers was a bit out of shape, so I lined it back up. It has scored the roller it was pressed against ever so slightly, but other than that seems fine. I put everything back in place and the printer started to throw up a 'Remove misfeed in Fuser unit: B' message. There is no paper anywhere in the printer and no misfeed, but I just cannot get it past this problem. Everything seems happy but it won't startup past this. I have called a few loacl printer repair engineers and they have shyed away from dealing with it, citing that they don't deal with colour Ricohs.

Can anyone please help? I love this printer, it's important to my business that it works, and I really can't afford a new one that would achieve anything like the results I get from it. I am a techie guy and so am happy to give anything a shot that you could suggest. Please! If anyone knows of any pros that are available locally to me (I'm in Newcastle upon tyne, UK) I'd be more than happy to use their services, if not I'm desperate to give it a shot myself---anything to get me back up and running!

Many thanks in advance.
    Adam

104HeatonRoad
    Gah! I've accidentally posted this in the Copiers section. My apologies! Can the moderators remove please!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    I think the part you lined up is one of the stripper pawls. Maybe while doing that, you touched the exit sensor lever in such way that the machine thinks that there is paper jammed there. The paper touches this lever when it leaves the fusing unit.

The noise can be caused by the cleaning unit on the transfer belt, or the transfer belt itself.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ive done alot of work on these. shame your really far away from me.

first of all its seems like a sensor has come out of position. ther is a actuator arm on the front middle of the fuser unit which might be dislodged. also check if there is a peice of paper stuck in the connector of th fusr unit and machine end too.

104HeatonRoad
    Ash, thanks for your responses so much. And I think you might be on to something! There was a black plastic rod running parallel to the rollers with a triangle on it that could well be the actuator you speak of. The rod had come out of it's middle clip and I had to pop it back in. I didn't think to mention this above, but it did occur to me that it might be a problem. What connection does this thing make or switch does it flick that would be sending the signal to the printer? I had a good look at it but couldn't see where it could possibly be making a switch or anything. I'd really appreciate your further response, I think we're getting somewhere! Thanks again, Adam

104HeatonRoad
    And Eric, thanks so much for your response too. i think you're both talking about the same thing on the fuser right? And yes it sounds like it was a pawl I repaired. Do either of you have any tips on adjusting this actuator to get it to reset itself correctly?

And Eric, if I get this fixed I'll back on to you about the transfer belt. Yikes!

Desperate plea: help with problematic Ricoh CL7000. Local professionals have failed!

open the fuser door and remove the fuser assy, stay in front of the now emty fuser door and have a look at the lower right side of the metal frame...there should be a litte photointerruptor (little black plastic thing), does it stand solid upright, or maybe, it is knocked out of its position due to inclined inserting of the fuser assy? this happens sometimes, generating the paper jam error
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

like herrmann says also check the sensor on the right with the fuser unit out into the machine. also about the actuator make sure the spring is on too just where the actuator is. the actuator should always push back up everytime u press down on it.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

The groaning noise could also be caused by the fuser (likely, since you are having other problems in that particular area). The fuser is a user replaceable item. They are rated at 100K, but you are lucky to get 50K out of them. You need a type "C' fuser unit. They run between 300 and 400 USD. You also need to check the sensor mentioned in the 2 previous posts.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

i have repaired recently a machine that have the symptoms that you describe, and was caused by the cleaning unit of the transfer unit. the machine trow up errors of paper jam in the fuser, and loud noises came from the machine. i change the the bad blade from the cleaning unit, and all back to normal.