Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPC6000

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    MPC6000

MPC6000

I went out to replace an overtoned black developer today. Dumped the dev, cleaned it up.Reinstalled the dev unit, reset the faceplate and plugged n the fan. Put a new bottle on the dev unit, close the door and turn on the power, "Reset toner cartridges" I went to SP anyway and entered 3814-3 to fill the dev unt."Failed" immediately. 3815 shows 7777. I have tried all combinations and it fails every time, 'cause I can't get past the "Reset toner cart" message. Of course it's saaying that because I don't have the hopper plugged in.
    Where am I going wrong?

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    i have not had very good luck replacing the developer using that method. I attach the dv bottle, power up, and then go to output mode,SP7804, turn on the K dv motor, medium speed and fill the dv unit that way.

Then follow the rest of the procedure for developer replacement on pages 3-56 and 57. SP for K developer initialization is 3801-3

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    I get that when I forget the transfer belt position lever has to be down.

MPC6000

UPDATE
    I had a feeling about the transfer belt position lever even tho it was up. I wanted to check the photocell that it actuates on the rear of the ITB but unfortunatly I already had the bottle attached and seal off, so I couldnt get the faceplate off to remove the ITB. "Shit" Says I. So I used the jonhiker "method" and was able to empty the bottle anyway. Then got the ITB out and cleaned the photocell, checked all the connected and put it all together, at first except for the toner unit and turned it on, still got the "Set Toner Cartridge" message, but then put the hopper on and went in to initialized the K developer. Failed. "Double shit" says I. Checking, double checking, looking at other inputs and sp's, Came upon one I had changed to keep it from adding toner while I was detoning it, I don't remember the number but it was to set either fuzzy logic or add a specific amount each time. I changed it back to fuzzy, then tried the AT initialize and it worked like a charm.
    Life was good again.
    Thanks for the help.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Technician
    The procedure to load the dev must be carried out correctly or it will not work . The manual seems to be incorrect on how to do this.
    Vigorously shake the dev bottle for about 5 mins and the attach to the front of the dev unit (I do not pull off the tear strip yet). Ensure the transfer belt lever is DOWN. Ensuring the door is OPEN, power up the machine. Enter SP mode. Cheat the front door safety switches and the machine should warm up. When warmed up it will beep twice. Enter the SP for dev fill (3-814-003 for black only). Press execute and as soon as the shaft on the dev unit starts rotating you can pull off the dev bottle tear strip. I tend to hold the bottle on with one hand and tap the sides of it with a screwdriver handle to ensure a good flow of dev. If it shows "fail" before the bottle is empty (because of poor flow of the dev into the dev unit), just turn the machine off and do the process again leaving the bottle attached. This can be done as many times as is necessary. When finished check the fill result with SP 3-815. Remove door cheats and the empty dev bottle.
    Set the transfer lever to up and refit the toner supply unit. Ensure there is enough toner in the toner supply unit. Close the door and run SP 3-801-003 for black dev initialisation. Check result with SP 3-802.
    This always works for me.

MPC6000

Thanks, Ricohslave, looks like I'm gonna need that info. The customer just called in and said it is doing the same thing again. That means it is overtoned. AGAIN. I have changed the ID Sensor board, put in a new Developer unit and yesterday replaced the Developer material and reset the ATS (see above). I ran a couple of hundred copies before I left and now it is back. WTF?

A+; Network +; PDI+

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    Thanks, Ricohslave, looks like I'm gonna need that info. The customer just called in and said it is doing the same thing again. That means it is overtoned. AGAIN. I have changed the ID Sensor board, put in a new Developer unit and yesterday replaced the Developer material and reset the ATS (see above). I ran a couple of hundred copies before I left and now it is back. WTF?
    Sounds like toner pump up for replacement.

MPC6000

what does that mean turbo. If its getting overtoned why do you think toner pump? this seems counter intuitive.

A+; Network +; PDI+

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    what does that mean turbo. If its getting overtoned why do you think toner pump? this seems counter intuitive.
    I have seen this a number of times and it is because the clutches get "sticky" in the toner pump and cause the pump to eject toner even when the clutch is not "energised". always seems to cause o/tone within a few hundred pages - normally within hours of leaving!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC6000

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetboy View Post
    I have seen this a number of times and it is because the clutches get "sticky" in the toner pump and cause the pump to eject toner even when the clutch is not "energised". always seems to cause o/tone within a few hundred pages - normally within hours of leaving!
    Ditto, I carry one in stock.