Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Exclamation ricoh 2020d cq problems

i have a ricoh 2020d that has dark streaks on the copies. appeared to be the cln blade. repalace the cln blade and that didint take care of the problem. the streaks were still there. replaced the pcu with one from a machine that was working. seemed to take care of the problem. however the streaks came back the next day. has any seen this problem before. please help. thanks in advance

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    If the streaks are not present on a counter sheet, print, or internal pattern, the problem is in the optics.
    Don't take that toner with me!

yeah that's right or check the mirror on the laser unit

E Winter
    I always add these double-side adhesive mylars(I think it was a MB for the A1040 DF glass) to the DF glass - these standars mylars are crap because these didn't really keep the dust out.

Technician
    thanks for your reply. however the streaks are on the counter page a well. once these streak appear on the drum, even with a new drum blade installed the blade will not wipe the streaks off the drum, as if the blade was bad...these streaks are on the drum and some of the streaks are an inch or more wide. could it be the blank lamps?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh 2020d cq problems

Quote Originally Posted by copysys View Post
    thanks for your reply. however the streaks are on the counter page a well. once these streak appear on the drum, even with a new drum blade installed the blade will not wipe the streaks off the drum, as if the blade was bad...these streaks are on the drum and some of the streaks are an inch or more wide. could it be the blank lamps?
    That was going to be my suggestion. Not sure if you can observe them if you cheat the front door. There might be an output check.

E Winter
    Quote Originally Posted by copysys View Post
    I'd go for the charge roller then

Technician
    thanks to everyone who responded . the problem was a bad batch of drum blades. the blades would fail after 100 or more copies.