Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Kinda wondering about DNS and Error 2505 Duplicate Name. Ever think your DNS is resolving names incorrectly and freaking out. Read Event ID 4004

I am betting DNS Service. The Desktops are Running DNS fine right?, but the server DNS is popping errors.

Miescha
    Only one cable plugged into server, using the integrated NIC. The second 'backup' NIC is a PCI gigabit NIC card and is currently disabled and has no cable connected. Though perhaps I should get it connected and working for better performance, but that will be long after the current problem is resolved.

Miescha

SOLVED: Ricoh 2075 SMB Auth failures after extended power outage?

Really old thread I know, but someone just sent me a PM asking about whether I ever resolved and I realized that I never posted the resolution.

So, in the odd chance that anyone else runs into this problem in the future, and finds this thread, here is the final resolution. . . .

The problem was in fact the 2505 Error "duplicate name on network."

When the power came back on, one of the printers on the network (a rarely used Ricoh 1515) powered up and somehow took the IP address of the server - since the printer booted much faster than the server, it got the IP and the server got the duplicate name error 2505. I had checked and re-checked all the clients and server for duplicate names/IP address with no luck, but I never thought to check the printers (I know, I Know).

I never figured out how all the clients were printing through the server (print server) and how the 2075 could see the network but not the server, b/c once I found the rogue printer with the wrong IP address, I turned off the printer and rebooted the server to test and it worked first try - no 2505 duplicate name error and the 2075 could see the server and authenticate for scanning.

I changed the IP address on the rogue 1515 and called it a day!

Hope this helps someone else