Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Printer code

Printer code

Hello

I would count my impressions per user on a MP2500 SP.
    I have a computer that prints but is used by several users.
    Can I request a code to print?

Every person who prints from his code, and copier account every time.

PS: I want a computer with multiple print code

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    In Windows logic, if it's a local printer all users would have a single code as the printer is considered to be physically connected to the computer (even though you're using an IP address). If it's a network printer, then each user account would have its own code as it would have to be added to each account separately.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    I am not trained on this but I have this issue on several other brands.. What I do is set up "department" "accounting" codes (whatever the manufacturer calls them). Each person has a certain code and I do not hard code it in the driver so it pops up and ask for it. End of month/week I have the admin pull the counter and see who used what. it logs it by the code not the computer. so even if they add another 1-100 computers the code is the same because it is on the copier not the computer.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Sounds like he wants popup print drivers. Ricoh offers the utility. Just have to have the login to the site and fill out a form and see if your machine is compatible. You'll need to know the Ricoh equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkor View Post
    Sounds like he wants popup print drivers. Ricoh offers the utility. Just have to have the login to the site and fill out a form and see if your machine is compatible. You'll need to know the Ricoh equivalent.
    I try not to put code in the driver, but
    it suppresses the printing. The driver does not ask me to code.

How to make the driver asked me the code every time you print on an MP in 2500?

Vulkor the link where did you download your utility or the name of the utility?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    there is no direct link you have to go to http://tscweb.net/ which is the US Ricoh Tech site. You need to have a Ricoh tech ID. Login. and go to the left side of page and you will see a link for UTILITIES. Click that and you will be on the page.

Printer Driver Pre-Configuration/Customization Tools
    DO NOT DISTRIBUTE THESE TOOLS OR DOCUMENTATION TO THE CUSTOMER. Default Editor Version 2.0.0.0 and Manual for PCL Driver Customization (32bit Version) Default Editor Version 2.0.0.0 and Manual for PCL Driver Customization (64bit Version) PCL Driver Packaging Tool Version 2.6.0.0 and manual for deploying PCL drivers created with the Default Editor.

• Note: The current version of the Packaging Tool does not support Windows Vista or any x64 editions of Windows.
    • Version 2.6.0.0
      Added support for 07A and 08S models.
      Added support for the PCL 6 driver for Universal Printing

BatInstTool v1.0.4.0 and Manual (Tool used to cerate and package Custom RPCS drivers)