Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    It seems the instructions you are giving relating to user accounts, apply to XP, and not Windows 7, because the options to select/check aren't available on Windows 7.
    It's amazing to me that you had no problems with this model - makes me envious. I've been screwing around with this off and on for days now, and can't find a solution. Bye the way, this is my own laptop / network we are currently talking about.
    For complete clarification:
    When attempting to browse from the copier after entering the ip address, folder, user name and password, I get the message "Cannot find the specified path. Please check the settings"

If I add the scanner location via the WIM, when i scan a document i get the message "transmission has failed. To check the current status press (scanned file status)." The memory also returns to 100% immediately, and it simply says "error" under "scanned file status.

Meanwhile, I have it setup on my XP system in 2 minutes
    Those instructions above also Apply to Win 7, Vista, etc. UNLESS You are using Win XP Home, Win Vista or 7 Basic. Those do not show the Users and Groups Setting under the Windows Management console.
    I am assuming the Ricoh has a Static IP and the correct Gateway, Subnet, DNS on it? Try a static IP on PC and then try hitting it up. That would eliminate DNS issue.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    SMB Scanning to Windows 7

I am using Windows 7 home Premium, but I'm sure the user account name is fine, and I've also used "administrator".
    "Yes" the copier is set to static, and I've tried routing the scans via both the IP address and PC name. I've also double-checked all of the other numbers.
    Quite simply, is there any single setting outside of the normal....ie: sharing, netbios over tcp/ip, etc that must be set on a windows 7 system that I may be over-looking. Again, I've had SMB working on this Windows 7 laptop previously, but with different model (older) machines. I just don't get it.
    Thanks again for all the input!

That is really odd. Have you tried via a Crossover cable? This eliminates a flaky firewall or router.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkor View Post
    That is really odd. Have you tried via a Crossover cable? This eliminates a flaky firewall or router.
    Yep, Tried a crossover cable, Upgraded my OS to the professional version, because some of the settings I had read about both from you, and in various other searches, seemed to point to protocols that were not be available in the "premium" version...for example, setting the "lan manager authentication level to Send LM & NTLM".
    Apparently WIN 7 uses NTLMv2 but Ricoh SMB is only compatible with NTLMv1 ???? (Not that I have any idea what that is). This all lead me to believe that the higher level version of Win 7 might be required. I really thought this would solve the problem. After Installing, making all settings that I could find, checking, and double-checking...no luck! I have the EXACT same problem!
    BTW...when I browse the network from the control panel of the machine, I can get as far as seeing the computer (in this case: \\laptop) but that's it...no shared folders show up.
    I'm about at my wit's end!!
    But again, I do appreciate the input

Are these Win 7 Pc Part of a HOMEGROUP? Perhaps you need to LEAVE the Homegroup if they are.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Ok, I've searched for some other solutions and found a few sites that may hold some small key to your problem (many people are having issues with Windows7 SMB across various platforms).

Tutorial on BizHub setup (one thing I noted was that the poster states to use all CAPS for the hostname).

WDTV Forum This one suggests that you edit the registry to turn off smb2&3 and only run smb1. This is more related to smb file sharing, not specifically scanning.

Microsoft Social Forum
    This thread specifically addresses a Ricoh MFP and has some fairly technical advice with links to other threads with even more technical advice.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Maybe another couple of things to try (as I don't know Richo's very well).

1. If the machine doesn't support Digital Signing of SMB Packets, then you will need to edit the Group Policy / Registry to turn that off.

2. When your laptop is connected to the network that you are testing, have you marked the network as Home, Work or Public? Marking it as a Public network turns just about everything off in your Network and Sharing Centre.

3. Have you tried getting another PC to connect to your laptop such as an XP PC to test the fact that it may not be the machine.

4. If you are using a crossover cable, then you must use IP addressing and not DNS unless you have edited the DNS table on your laptop as there is no DNS server on Windows client operating systems.

Hopefully this also helps you figure out your issue.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    Ok, I've searched for some other solutions and found a few sites that may hold some small key to your problem (many people are having issues with Windows7 SMB across various platforms).

Tutorial on BizHub setup (one thing I noted was that the poster states to use all CAPS for the hostname).

WDTV Forum This one suggests that you edit the registry to turn off smb2&3 and only run smb1. This is more related to smb file sharing, not specifically scanning.

Microsoft Social Forum
    This thread specifically addresses a Ricoh MFP and has some fairly technical advice with links to other threads with even more technical advice.

Thanks, but I'd seen, and tried most of the stuff that seemed applicable from these links already. The video seemed like it may be promising, as the configuration is fairly similar to the Ricoh machine, but really contained no new tips. It did demonstrate how simple the process should be.....and actually 'was' with a couple of previous setups.
    I'm off to a clients office today, where i have previously had my laptop connected to another model (aficio 2035e), to see if it will still connect.
    but as of now, I'm still S.O.L. !

....So I haven't had a chance to try to reconnect my laptop with a ricoh machine yet, but i did have the opportunity to setup an Aficio 2238C on 3 seperate laptops, all running windows 7 (ultimate) , and had absolutely no trouble....made the settings, and VOILA...no prob!
    Now, I want to get my hands on a laptop with "ultimate" and try to connect to that dirty old MP C3500 I've been having all my trouble with. Is it be possible that this version is what is needed to make the connection? Why does it seem that the older machines have less or even no problem connecting to Win 7 ? ...At least that's been my experience.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar
    Try turning off 'user access control', had the same problem with a KM 1222 and a Ricoh MPC3000, that solved it for me.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.