Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: SMB Scanning to Windows 7

Network Adapter does has an option for "Files & Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networking"
    Under Services.msc, do check your "Computer Browser & Server" services are running.
    Lastly, do not run your wireless & Lan connection within the same IP range specially using DHCP.

Hope it help on top of others provided
    Cheers!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    It seems the instructions you are giving relating to user accounts, apply to XP, and not Windows 7, because the options to select/check aren't available on Windows 7.
    It's amazing to me that you had no problems with this model - makes me envious. I've been screwing around with this off and on for days now, and can't find a solution. Bye the way, this is my own laptop / network we are currently talking about.
    erm...i've kinda abit lost but if you want to check what is the original username in both WinXP and Win7, you can try launch command prompt, it gives out the original name.

For complete clarification:
    When attempting to browse from the copier after entering the ip address, folder, user name and password, I get the message "Cannot find the specified path. Please check the settings"
    As for accessing the folder, if you want to verify if you can connect or not, just key-in ip-address, folder and skip both username and password. If still the same issue, check if you can ping the target pc via machine (if any) or use other pc to ping.

If it still fails, put the machine under DHCP, then exit the user tools menu, wait for it to cycle back (or power cycle just to be sure) and repeat the step again. If it can connect, check the subnet mask, gateway, DNS and domain (copy them so that you can set it static again).

Also ensure your SMB groupname is not joined with other pc. Set it to "WORKGROUP" 1st. <-- this problem in particular occurs when we change it to other groupname that other pc uses, we can't see any client in browse network and occasionally can't find the path. but when we change it back to "WORKGROUP" , it becomes ok again. However, it is in network with Domain environment...both network admin and I are stump on this matter.

I used this method on Aficio 3045 when Windows 7 initially released on laptop, also the simillar problem.
    If I add the scanner location via the WIM, when i scan a document i get the message "transmission has failed. To check the current status press (scanned file status)." The memory also returns to 100% immediately, and it simply says "error" under "scanned file status.

Meanwhile, I have it setup on my XP system in 2 minutes
    And mind if i ask, what's a WIM?

If all else fails, have the user to update his windows, sometime it helps. Well at least for my laptop. Hope it helps!
    Last edited by wizardjimmy; 07-28-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: set the format back :D
    Customer: "Can you show how to print color in a black and white machine?" O.o

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    SMB Scanning to Windows 7

Thanks for the input Wizard, this post has for some reason gotten revived over the past week or so. It bagan well over a year ago, and since then I have determined that every once in a while the SD card used for Print/scan somehow becomes corrupt- despite updating all firmwares, etc. I have long since been able to swap cards between machines and duplicate the problem on other units while solving the problem on the original machines.
    ....And "WIM" stands for "web image monitor" on Ricoh machines.
    Thanks again

Technician

If the SD card became corrupt, is there any way to fix it? Or replacement is the only way?
    Customer: "Can you show how to print color in a black and white machine?" O.o

Quote Originally Posted by wizardjimmy View Post
    If the SD card became corrupt, is there any way to fix it? Or replacement is the only way?
    Replacement is the only way I know. The interesting thing is that they still will scan in an XP environment, so it's only SMB in Windows 7 that causes problems.

It seems the instructions you are giving relating to user accounts, apply to XP, and not Windows 7, because the options to select/check aren't available on Windows 7.
    It's amazing to me that you had no problems with this model - makes me envious. I've been screwing around with this off and on for days now, and can't find a solution. Bye the way, this is my own laptop / network we are currently talking about.
    For complete clarification:
    When attempting to browse from the copier after entering the ip address, folder, user name and password, I get the message "Cannot find the specified path. Please check the settings"

If I add the scanner location via the WIM, when i scan a document i get the message "transmission has failed. To check the current status press (scanned file status)." The memory also returns to 100% immediately, and it simply says "error" under "scanned file status.

Meanwhile, I have it setup on my XP system in 2 minutes
    Try setting up a new User, tick "user cannot change password" and "Password never expires" Make the new user a member of the Administrator Group. Use this user name and password for scanning.

Rockmejt

I just had this happen to me my fix was to use administrator as my login name instead of the regular user login then use the actual password for the regular login name. I know this doesn't really make sense but it worked.

skippytech25

thought I would add this that in windows 7 they have in control panel under network and sharing centre under advanced options their is a option to allow windows to mange homegroup connections untick that and change it to use username and password settings click okay then restart your computer.

On the copier login with username and password or you can do this through the web device monitor.

Hope this helps

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Having quite a bit of difficulty getting SMB to work with Windows 7. My last 2 attempts were unsucessful. For reference, one machine was an Aficio 3045, and the other an MP C3500. I don't know if the models have anything to do with it, but I have recently connected an aficio 3030, and 2035e with little difficulty. I don't know what I'm missing, it's definitely not a firewall issue, as I have disabled them for testing. I have fully shared the folders, enabled netbios over tcp/ip, checked and double-checked the login, and passwords. Password protected sharing is "off". It seems I have everything correct, but it just won't connect, it says "sending data has failed..." (or close to that). Any tips for me to try? It's becoming quite frustrating.
    Thanks in advance.
    1. Is it your Window 7 is Home Edition ? If is Home Edition, it could limit share for 5 unit PC only.

2. Change another new IP Address. Some times it corrupted without reason and i had face this problem before.

3. Is your Window 7 is login under Domain Server in AD Account? Sometimes the User Policy been restricted.

4. Is your Window 7 SMB Port been change or block already ? You need to go to Advance Firewall Setting to Manual release it.

5. You might go to service.msc -> netlogin to enable the feature. This one also can cause scanner fail .

Hope will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Cool View Post
    1. Is it your Window 7 is Home Edition ? If is Home Edition, it could limit share for 5 unit PC only.

2. Change another new IP Address. Some times it corrupted without reason and i had face this problem before.

3. Is your Window 7 is login under Domain Server in AD Account? Sometimes the User Policy been restricted.

4. Is your Window 7 SMB Port been change or block already ? You need to go to Advance Firewall Setting to Manual release it.

5. You might go to service.msc -> netlogin to enable the feature. This one also can cause scanner fail .

Hope will help you.
    It was a June, 2010 problem
    Thanks. I'm good