Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fotocom View Post
    Apologies for my description of the problem.
    Their is no paper stuck in the machine and all sensors test ok in service mode.
    I totally understand that clearing the memory every time the machine jams is not the way to approach the problem (lets accept that as a given).
    The problem i have isnt so much a jamming problem, in other words the machine works away fine, however on the rare occasion it does jam i cannot seem to reset he problem no matter where the jam occurs , (I am jamming the machine intentionaly to fault find this problem) .
    That is why I thought it might have been a door interlock problem.
    So in conclusion the machine will work away happily for weeks without jamming but on the rare occasion it does jam, the copier will not reset.
    Change the Interlock switches above the fuser. They will give a jam indication with no location. Also change the seals between the dev init and PCU then lock the two units together with a self tapping screw. This will stop toner blowing onto the optics / laser and interlock switches.

Before you change them, check the wiring sequence of these switches on the point to point! If incorrect, the machine will not reset after a jam and will require a reboot.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    If the jam that will not clear is at location "c" You must open the door on the right hand side above the big door that exposes the drum and the front cover, then close all three. A lot of customers do not know about this door and can't clear a jam until someone shows them. If I missed you saying where the jam showed on the copier, then my bad.

My money is still on the switches above the fuser wired out of sequence!!

I saw this after someone changed them to cure codes. He removed them all and then fitted the plugs to the new ones in the wrong order. The machine worked for two weeks and then jammed, after which the customer could not reset the jam, sounds like EXACTLY the same fault you have! Has anyone "checked" or changed those switches on your machine?

You can check the sequence from the plug on the laser diode PCB CN403 pins 1 and 3. They may look ok but you MUST use the point to point to be sure. Remove the switches ON the block, Hold them all down and the release one at a time, you will find (one or more) has no effect and you still have a closed circuit. This will mean that, as ucinn says, one of the doors is not being detected as open and the machine cannot reset.

Technician 50+ Posts
    Thanks for all your help.
    Unfourtunatley my problem persits. However the mahine is back in the shop so the pressure is off, and im finishing up for a weeks leave. Problem is, it will be waiting for me when i get back.
    I really did think it wa a switch problem but im almost ruling that out at this stage.

What been done so far? Well the following.
    1. All paper feed sesors, reg sensor etc. (basically every sensor swapped out).
    2. I/O board swapped out.
    3. Front and side door interlocks swapped wiring checked and tested (as per pint to point).
    4. Power supply swapped out (clutching at straws at this stage!!!!!)
    5. Input checks all testing fine.

As I said the machine copies perfect but again its on the very rare ocasion when a jam occurs that i am
    not able to reset the jam.

Im loosing my hair at this stage!

Just a thought, but as the switches go back to the laser diode PCB, have you tried swapping that?

I STILL think it's those switches out of sequence, this is precisely the same problem I had.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    DSM 2045 wil not clear a jam

Quote Originally Posted by limo View Post
    Check the positions of the wires in the front interlock switch.Compare it with a working machine
    Thanks to Limo who first suggested this on this thread. After dismantling half of the machine to check every sensor, this post led me to the front switches (which I had already verified before for condutivity) and, lo and behold, the wires were swapped.

Thanks!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    DSM 2045 wil not clear a jam

I hate it when that happens!

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

11 months later!!!