Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    MP C3500 Streaking mystery

Also it wouldn't be intermittent if there was something continuously there on the glass. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    ......"This was a stack of about 100 pages and only two were affected, the other not attached had far less streaking on it and they were not adjacent to each other."

Are you saying you fed 1 original, copied it 100 times and only a few copies had the problem? Or a stack of 100 originals each copied once?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Very random almost sounds like a short or grounding issue in a wire harness. Usually Memory goes bad and its done you'll see it on everything.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I think i have had a very simular fault only on black we tried the pcu and it went away for a day or two but kept comming back if you look at the drum surface it is slightly buffed up on the areas with the fault as you stated we could run loads of copies and not get it to do the fault in the end we changed the pcu and dev unit at the same time fault never came back

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Just a shot in the dark: Flickering Scanner Lamp?
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    ......"This was a stack of about 100 pages and only two were affected, the other not attached had far less streaking on it and they were not adjacent to each other."

Are you saying you fed 1 original, copied it 100 times and only a few copies had the problem? Or a stack of 100 originals each copied once?
    Yes. The big question now is, if you are doing multiple copies of one original do all of the copies of the same page have the identical flaw, or do only a few, or does the flaw change on copies of the same page?

Digital copiers scan each page only once regardless of the number of prints, so theoretically all prints of the same original should have the same identical flaw. A flickering scan lamp can do just that. =^..^=

brad_jk
    I'm feeding a stack of about 100 different originals printed from my computer to the 3500 and had no streaking. However when copying these 100 originals the streaking occurs.

Theoretically I could scan one original and copy it 10 times, if the fault shows up on all 10 with the exact same pattern then it would indicate a scanning issue.

***Just asked someone to try the above test and they already had copied 100+ of one page and it did streak on all & exactly the same. otherwise it is still very random in frequency and pattern when copying multiple originals. This at least narrows it down to the fault occuring during the scanning process. Right?

I have seen this problem on an MP C4500. Found out our technicians are replacing PCU's but not developer. This problem had me sort of scratching my head, but after developer change on all units (in your case black) all our CQ problems went away and they haven't called in a month for this same issue. Don't know!!! Keepin' it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by brad_jk View Post
    I'm feeding a stack of about 100 different originals printed from my computer to the 3500 and had no streaking. However when copying these 100 originals the streaking occurs.

Theoretically I could scan one original and copy it 10 times, if the fault shows up on all 10 with the exact same pattern then it would indicate a scanning issue.

***Just asked someone to try the above test and they already had copied 100+ of one page and it did streak on all & exactly the same. otherwise it is still very random in frequency and pattern when copying multiple originals. This at least narrows it down to the fault occuring during the scanning process. Right?
    Yes, it's definitely a scanning issue, most likely the exposure lamp or lamp inverter PWB. =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hi guys, try to change the memory (2 NOS), i had same problem but white lines instant of black, also you could try to clean the connecters of the controller board as well as scanner board.
    you should aslo keep the firmware up to the date.

Regards