Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP C3500 Streaking mystery

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Copier-Printers-Fax-Scanners-Duplicators - products new home - Ricoh [B222,B224] Aficio MP-C3500,MP-C4500 Parts & Service

Paul@justmanuals.com

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Copier-Printers-Fax-Scanners-Duplicators - products new home - Ricoh [B222,B224] Aficio MP-C3500,MP-C4500 Parts & Service

Paul@justmanuals.com
    Don't advertise here!! Read the forum rules..

E Winter
    This doesn't really look like a scanner issue to me - maybe the print volume is very low that the issue hasn't occured by coincidence. I'd try to scan different stuff with different settings into a computer and check the results. Personally I'd take a closer look at the black PCU and swap the charge roller with a different color PCU - that'll be done easily.

If you're shure it's a scanner issue:

1. try pulling the front/left edge of the scanner housing with some force towards top
    2. re-install the df and don't use the elongated screw (basic skew correction) hole up to the max.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP C3500 Streaking mystery

sry, but he said already, that the printing is ok, so, all units, all of the printing engine at all must be ok, it must be a scanner problem
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

E Winter
    Quote Originally Posted by herrmann View Post
    sry, but he said already, that the printing is ok, so, all units, all of the printing engine at all must be ok, it must be a scanner problem
    You're right - I've overlooked this post:

I'm feeding a stack of about 100 different originals printed from my computer to the 3500 and had no streaking. However when copying these 100 originals the streaking occurs.

Theoretically I could scan one original and copy it 10 times, if the fault shows up on all 10 with the exact same pattern then it would indicate a scanning issue.

***Just asked someone to try the above test and they already had copied 100+ of one page and it did streak on all & exactly the same. otherwise it is still very random in frequency and pattern when copying multiple originals. This at least narrows it down to the fault occuring during the scanning process. Right?
    In this case there's indeed no doubt that this is a scanner related issue. I know that a workmate did resoldered an inverter pwb once but I can't recall the initial issue. I guess it would be handy to gain access to another MPC3500 to borrow some scanner components - should be handy to isolate the problem step by step.

i would agree to all of the tech here that it is a scanner issue here. check connectors and grounding of the machine. loose connection may result to this problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    hi guyz,in this part of the world mostly insects find there way into the lens block assy[ccd area]try to remove and blow it.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Possibly a bent scanner frame? Has anyone been having a "water cooler" chat and leaned on it?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Possibly a bent scanner frame? Has anyone been having a "water cooler" chat and leaned on it?
    AHH! the old AF1045 prob! Normally only gives a problem using the ADF.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    AHH! the old AF1045 prob! Normally only gives a problem using the ADF.
    Not just a problem with that model. The new Savin 816 and 917 also easy broken that way. Except no fix for it. Once plastic support arm is broken by leaning on it or improper picking up of machine its toast as the entire scanner assembly and box gets bent. We have two in our shop collecting dust now.