Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts goldencup's Avatar

Need Some Comments On Aficio Color Copiers

Hi! I Would like to ask for some comments and feedbacks on Aficio 1232C, Aficio 2228C, and Aficio 2232C. How reliable are these units and which is the best? What are the most problem being encountered on this machines and what are the parts that are mostly being replaced? Thank you very much.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Don't go for the 1232! Just do a search with the words "1232" and "copy quality" and you'll see what I mean.

2228 and 2232 are good machines. You will replace PCU's, DV-Units every 54k/60k. They're running good if maintained properly.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar
    I agree totally with Eric, steer well clear of the 1232. The 2228 and 32 are very similar and will run well if you stick to a good pm schedule and cleaning regime. The downside is the dev units rarely last their projected life and the felt wick in the fuser must be replaced at every pm. Otherwise they are a good machine.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts goldencup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aabarnes1 View Post
    I agree totally with Eric, steer well clear of the 1232. The 2228 and 32 are very similar and will run well if you stick to a good pm schedule and cleaning regime. The downside is the dev units rarely last their projected life and the felt wick in the fuser must be replaced at every pm. Otherwise they are a good machine.
    just want to know what happens when the dev unit reach its life span? Do i have to replace the whole unit or just the developer? Do i have to change all colors or just a certain one? what happens if the felt wick in the fuser wasn't replaced? Thank You Very Much!

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    The Devs & PCUs are whole units, as is the fuser - there's no 'felt wick' - the customer changes the oil unit when the machine asks for it

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Also 1232 have problems with DV motor/clutches and the transport clutch assembly going bad often.