Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh 1018 grinding noise from drum unit

I don't usually service the 18 series but it looks like the drum unit is not replaced as a whole assy like in the 22 series.
    I'm getting a grinding noise and the drum is very hard to turn by hand, is there something in these that gives out to cause this to bind?

yes, you would normally rebuild the pcu. inthis case,the gears in the pcu or dv unit portion have bound up. in the past, i would order a new unit and a bag of developer and replace the whole thing.

shuttle640
    it seems to depend on how many copies have been through the pcu. you can replace the bottom case where the developer goes and the 2 gears on the mag rl. if alot of copies, then a whole unit may be in order. if you need part numbers, let me know....

Quote Originally Posted by shuttle640 View Post
    it seems to depend on how many copies have been through the pcu. you can replace the bottom case where the developer goes and the 2 gears on the mag rl. if alot of copies, then a whole unit may be in order. if you need part numbers, let me know....
    yes the copier only has 34,000 copies so I think it has never been done.
    the part numbers would be great if you have them, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by copyaction View Post
    yes the copier only has 34,000 copies so I think it has never been done.
    the part numbers would be great if you have them, thanks
    hey im always work with 1018,1018d,2015 etc, normaily this problem occurs when developer wheels are gone damag.
    replace your develpoer wheel set,

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Don't bother replacing the gears, it'll just do the same in 10-15k. Part number for complete lower development unit is B039 3170. Don't forget how old this machine is too, it might need a complete PCU which is B039 2214.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Don't bother replacing the gears, it'll just do the same in 10-15k. Part number for complete lower development unit is B039 3170. Don't forget how old this machine is too, it might need a complete PCU which is B039 2214.
    yeah i thin u a correct but he say he print only 34,000 copies from developement unit?
    thats why i say it

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    I'd agree with you if it was a newer model, but this is the first model of the Kir family, so that makes it at least 8 years old. The plastic will be well ruined in the dev unit by now, especially as it's only done 34k.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

losp_87

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by copyaction View Post
    I don't usually service the 18 series but it looks like the drum unit is not replaced as a whole assy like in the 22 series.
    I'm getting a grinding noise and the drum is very hard to turn by hand, is there something in these that gives out to cause this to bind?

try to replace new developer wheel set...this may occur when your gear was older in age.

E Winter
    This happen if dev is spilling through the seals into the dv gears. If the gears aren't worn out you may have a chance cleaning them including the drive area - this may last some time if the print volume is very low especially if there's a chance that the customer is aiming a new machine.