Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Virtual Opp panel

Hi guys.

Just enquiring. Is there a virtual opp panel application out there. Will be very handy when trying to help a customer over the phone.

Technician
    I have been wanting to build something like this. It would be easy, but I can't even find the screenshot tool.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    I there is and it's called 'Screen Builder Tool', available on the Ricoh Advanced Product Support Website. There is also the 'Screen Capture Tool' for taking screenshots off an MFP. You have to register at this site and you have to get keys for these downloads, it's no big deal but these tools aren't meant for wide distribution. For me in Canada, I have to access this site via Citrix. I don't know about other areas of the world, YMMV. The site is located at:

http://172.16.13.66/index.php

I believe it is a Ricoh US internal site.

Screen Builder let you take Screen Capture images and link them together to make a simulated OP panel for demonstration or training purposes.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Address wouldn't load. Too bad would be nice to have a Virtual Screen tool. I don't have every model in front of me.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    I there is and it's called 'Screen Builder Tool', available on the Ricoh Advanced Product Support Website. There is also the 'Screen Capture Tool' for taking screenshots off an MFP. You have to register at this site and you have to get keys for these downloads, it's no big deal but these tools aren't meant for wide distribution. For me in Canada, I have to access this site via Citrix. I don't know about other areas of the world, YMMV. The site is located at:

http://172.16.13.66/index.php

I believe it is a Ricoh US internal site.

Screen Builder let you take Screen Capture images and link them together to make a simulated OP panel for demonstration or training purposes.
    thats a private ip address....

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mike* View Post
    thats a private ip address....
    True it is. Duh

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    That's correct on the IP address; it's internal only. Ricoh is extremely finicky as to who gets the keys to the proverbial castle. (Why, I don't know...)

AFAIK, you must be a Ricoh owned dealer to get the tools. Each copy has its own key - every time it gets installed it goes to Ricoh and must be "blessed" before it will work.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins