Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

AF3030 wrinkling or creasing

Im having an ongoing battle with a machine crinkling or wrinkling the paper. Its kinda like worm trails from the leading edge to the trailing edge.

The paper is getting creased before the fuser and its getting ironed out when it goes thru the fuser. I thought this was bad rollers in the fuser but we've put in 2 new fusers so this isnt the problem.

Whats really annoying is it only seems to happen very rarely - its never happend while i have been at the machine but i have seen the samples and the client says its happening ALL THE TIME!

Is it some sort of registration problem? Like its getting too much buckle or something? Or bad paper?

Thanks for the help!

are u very sure that the paper is creasing before the fuser? i have come a cross this problem a couple of times before on panasonic, minolta, and ricoh.
    solution 1: check if the paper is not screw when leaving the tray (disable tray by tray to see if the problem goes away)
    solutoin 2: relay roller pressure not the same on both ends or something in the paper path. clean the rollers and check to see if a spring is not missing from the relay rollers.
    solution 3: the one that i found on ricoh, the pressure on the press roller in the fusser is not equal on both sides. or the latch on one side is broken.

I also found that this problem is extremely intermittent

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks Allan - yeah I'm sure its before the fuser as the creases are ironed out flat from the fuser rollers. I'm also sure its not the fuser as I have put in 2 different refurbed fusers with new hot rollers and pressure rollers in the last 2 months - so it's been creasing now with 3 diferrent fusers total.

Ive also put new feed rollers and friction pads in both trays, also changed the feed clutches due to a seperate jamming issue.

And ive checked the paper tray guides to be tight against the paper and educated the user about this to stop skew......but the fault keeps coming back!

Drum Guard ?

Does the machine have a drum guard, i have found that if the half moon gear jumped a step
    it does not lift out of the way properly. >> Remove the drum Guard ?

Did you check the worn grove in the lower fuser bushing. Some get a grove worn rite in em.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts rednecktech's Avatar
    I have had this issue when there is moisture in the paper. I know you say it happens before it hits the fuser, just a thought. Let us know what you find.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    AF3030 wrinkling or creasing

I believe you can try adjusting fuser with a spacer behind one or the other of the 2 fuser mounting screws.

clean the paper guide plate at fusing unit coz some tonerharden stick to the plate

clean the paper guide plate at fusing unit coz some tonerharden stick to the plate that cause of creasing paper

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

Thumbs up

I agree, clean the entrance guide in the fuser unit, I have had this fault on a few of these machines