Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ricoh aficio 1060 - 2060 cis

Does anybody know where to find the Glass of the Contact Image Sensor (RADF 2nd side) ?
    I have about 20 machines and i have to change the CIS because of the scratches in the Glass witch they goes to the copy , and the only way for me is to change the CIS unit , witch is expensive.
    any ideas about that ?
    Thanks

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

The parts catalog does not list the cis glass as a separate component. What are they running through the document feeder that is scratching the cis? I've had a lot of these machines for a long time, and I've never had to replace that particular part.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician
    I have to replace them when the counter coes about 1.000.000 copies
    and they are using varius original papers . The machines are locatet in a University and they are using vaius papers with notes

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    I've never had to replace a CIS due to scratches either, I'd try and talk to the customer and ask if they will make a contribution to the cost of replacing the parts as the machines are being severely mistreated if they're getting damaged this badly.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Technician
    i have the machines instaled with contract and i have to replace any parts if they have problems.
    Any way i have last time take out the Glass of the CIS and in the beging it works fine but after some copies i have always paper jams in that area . And the reason is that the glass is little thicker the the original.
    So i am aking if anybody know where i can find thiner glass ?
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    i had the same problem months ago - but i told the customer if they wanted to stop the line on the second side they would have to agree to pay for the CIS as it was not covered under wear and tear but accidental damage - they agreed. Its normally caused by a foreign object i.e a staple. The only way of getting round it is to get hold of a second hand unit from a donor m/c.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

If you saved the old glass, you might try using a product designed for minimizing scratches on eyeglasses. I don't know if there is a coating on the cis glass, or even if this would really work as I have never tried it. Even if it screwed the old glass up your not at a loss since it is unusable. Just a thought. One more thing. If you have to replace it and don't mind ordering stuff from th US, try www.recycledparts.us
    Quote Originally Posted by georgereth View Post
    i have the machines instaled with contract and i have to replace any parts if they have problems.
    Any way i have last time take out the Glass of the CIS and in the beging it works fine but after some copies i have always paper jams in that area . And the reason is that the glass is little thicker the the original.
    So i am aking if anybody know where i can find thiner glass ?
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING