Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Ricoh 1515 fax over voip

customer is using vonage for telephone and faxing. Having problem with faxing, will connect then will drop fax and report comes out busy or e1. sometimes it will work. i have tried slowing fax to 9600 and set settings that other people have suggested in threads no luck.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 1515 fax over voip

Ricoh doesn't support faxing via VOIP, I don't know of any fax manufacturer using a modem meant for an analog line that does. You're at the mercy of the network (packet loss, low bandwidth, local lan activity messing things up). True, some will say they can get it to work and maybe with certain circumstances (software such as Asterisk) and severe tweaking they may. You also need to make sure the provider is using T.38 protocol. There is no guarantee that conditions will stay reliable.
    Here is a link to a page that gives detailed info on why it won't work (consistently).
    faxing via voip

FYI, Vonage offers a dedicated fax line that may work in your circumstance
    Vonage fax

I also found many posts that says to enter *99 before the fax number (with a pause between). That supposedly has helped many using Vonage and Ooma.
    Last edited by teebee1234; 07-03-2010 at 06:45 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    Ricoh doesn't support faxing via VOIP, I don't know of any fax manufacturer using a modem meant for an analog line that does. You're at the mercy of the network (packet loss, low bandwidth, local lan activity messing things up). True, some will say they can get it to work and maybe with certain circumstances (software such as Asterisk) and severe tweaking they may. You also need to make sure the provider is using T.38 protocol. There is no guarantee that conditions will stay reliable.
    Here is a link to a page that gives detailed info on why it won't work (consistently).
    faxing via voip

FYI, Vonage offers a dedicated fax line that may work in your circumstance
    Vonage fax

I also found many posts that says to enter *99 before the fax number (with a pause between). That supposedly has helped many using Vonage and Ooma.
    Nice Info Teebee