Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

mpc2800 turning corners

I have a mpc 2800 that when you duplex copies jams due to the paper turning the front corner over as the paper leaves the fuser to enter the duplex it catches on the fork gates . the problem seems to happen as the paper leaves the fuser exit i have tried to remove the little white fins on the fuser guide but this didnt help looking for advise before i go back and rebuild the fuser thanks in advance

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar
    This could be something as simple as paper curl due to media type or moisture in the paper. Try using a different brand of paper. Also make sure you inspect your diverter gates.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

E Winter
    I'd also try a test run with good quality and duplex certified sorts of paper. We have a very sweltry summer here in germany so we got a lot of calls like this these days. TBH I hate to visit these customers and be the one to discuss about paper quality - I really give my best, explain everything and show the differences between different paper types, explain the myth about the arrow on the paper package. Still some people just feel offended if I tell them that their paper brand isn't duplex certified.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    fitted part no D0294492 in the dplex this is a modyfied part from D0294491 it seems to do the trick