Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    the undertaker

SR4000 booklet jams

Has anyone seen these finishers jam when doing A3 booklets. They should be able to do up to 15 sheets but tend to jam when more than 10 or so. The stack doesnt want to go round the top gate. Any fixes or mods ?

ANTONGREEN

Re: SR4000 booklet jams

Quote Originally Posted by anka monki View Post
    Has anyone seen these finishers jam when doing A3 booklets. They should be able to do up to 15 sheets but tend to jam when more than 10 or so. The stack doesnt want to go round the top gate. Any fixes or mods ?
    ive got the same problem on two of these have you had any luck with a cure

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

whats the thickness on the paper? I have tryed 120g paper with no paperjam. Our clients manage to make 160g paper without any jams, but drums get worn off really fast for them.

Hi There

I've the same problem, if you have 8 sheets of 80gsm, all ok try 10 and it jams at that top gate, it seems to stall, trying to feed the paper around the top. I have 3 machines, all MP6001's that do it.

There must be a mod or something surely.......

the undertaker

have since worked out that if there is a slight paper curl on the lead edge out of the staple tray, if the curl runs away from the gate problem is worse - turn paper over in tray (A3) and so curl goes other way and problem not so bad. As for mods there are two springs either side of the top gate and by stretching spring a bit and rehooking on (more spring tension) problem is not so bad. The best fix is to tell operator that ten sheets is the limit. I havnt messed with any finisher sp parameters, maybe theres an answer there
    Last edited by anka monki; 10-17-2011 at 04:42 PM.