Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

lanier id075 (richo aficio 1075) jamming in duplex

Working on this machine again. Just rebuilt the fuser. They called back and said it was jamming. When i arrived discoverd it is jamming only on 2 sided copies. Both sides get printed and fused, but then it just stops. I cleaned all the sensors i could find in the duplex unit (3) no good. I don't see anything jamming it. It just stops. The machine indicates d1/e1 jam. Thanks

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    I think I've seen this. Did you clean all the tires in the paper path? Also I I've had to "adjust" the roller that drops down to feed the paper back threw. I've seen the roller under that roll break off the shaft and not spin properly. I've also seen changing out the feed tires in tray 1 fix this issue as I think it wasn't feeding the next piece of paper fast enough.
    I hope any of that helps.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

check SP 7507, what code pops up?
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    On hihg volume Ricoh machines I have seen worn tires in the trray cause duplexer jams just because that's where the timing lag shows up.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Set the paper tray to thick paper. If jamming in duplex stops, change the feed tires in the tray.
    Setting thick paper slows down the timing of refeed from duplex.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    You may have issues unrelated to the duplex unit. Often duplex jams are the symptom of problems in the paper feed sections since the timing becomes more critical. 1st check the condition of the feed tires obviously, and see what jam code is being logged. There is a great troubleshooting guide for this model in the manual.

Typically, I have seen this problem occur when the one way bearings in the feed units go bad. Either from use/old age, or contamination by developer material which can leak from the rear of the development unit and fall in to the feed units. You can pull the development unit and look for a pile of developer in the rear of the machine. If there is some, chances are that's your problem. In which case you will need to first fix the development unit, then remove and thoroughly clean the paper feed and/or registration unit(s) which have been affected, and replace the one way bearings (actually gears with one ways in them). While you are in there check the condition of the guide mylars also as these will wear out from use.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    ok guys thanks that gives me some where to go with this. i.ll let ya know what happens

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    If you make a single 1-2 sided copy using 2 originals in the ADF, does the copy sheet jam?

Is the sheet fused both sides and entering the duplex unit?

If yes I think it's the exit junction gate (In the exit unit) sticking in the "Divert" (Up) position.
    It should be down (Flat) when the second side exits the fuser to let the copy exit the machine "Face down".
    If the sheet feeds back down to the duplex you would get both sides copied and fused with E1 jams.

The default position is "Up" which sends the paper to the duplex unit. You can test the soleniod using SP5-804-41

Could also be a problem with the exit unit sensors.

this jam in LD 075

This jam usualy come frome the Solenoid it exit after fusing its an old problem u have three chances
    1. Duplex sensor
    2. exit sensor
    3. Solenoid
    Greets

Expecting a call. 100+ Posts Paper_Jam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless V K View Post
    You may have issues unrelated to the duplex unit. Often duplex jams are the symptom of problems in the paper feed sections since the timing becomes more critical. 1st check the condition of the feed tires obviously, and see what jam code is being logged. There is a great troubleshooting guide for this model in the manual.

Typically, I have seen this problem occur when the one way bearings in the feed units go bad. Either from use/old age, or contamination by developer material which can leak from the rear of the development unit and fall in to the feed units. You can pull the development unit and look for a pile of developer in the rear of the machine. If there is some, chances are that's your problem. In which case you will need to first fix the development unit, then remove and thoroughly clean the paper feed and/or registration unit(s) which have been affected, and replace the one way bearings (actually gears with one ways in them). While you are in there check the condition of the guide mylars also as these will wear out from use.
    I believe you are right sir. Run SP-5-990-4 logging data and get the jam codes.
    Last edited by Paper_Jam; 07-24-2010 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Include more information