Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question Our new Ricoh Aficio MP C4000 scan to folder problem

When we would 'scan to folder' on our older Ricoh copier, the 'Send File Type / Name' would stay on the screen for 60 seconds so we wouldn't have to go back to the previous screen to choose the user folder again. This was very convenient for us.
    On our new Ricoh Aficio MP C4000, once we 'scan to folder' the 'Send File Type / Name' resets itself back to where you have to choose the user folder again instead of staying on the 'Send File Type / Name' screen.
    In the 'System Settings' I changed the 'Scanner Auto Reset Timer' to 60 seconds but it still doesn't work.
    Is there a deeper setting so that the 'Scanner Auto Reset Timer' will stay on for 60 seconds?
    Please advise and thanks.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    This setting is available, but is is located in the service mode.

Would you know how I can get into the 'service mode'?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    If you're not a tech, or not trained on this machine it is not advisable to go into service mode. These setting are for trained technicians.

Ok thanks. I'll keep searching.

moeddi
    As far as I know there is a point in the user settings where you can define how long the maschine will wait till sending, alternatively you could just push the # key, which will fasten it up. The reseting of function can be deactivated in user tools,too. Just set the reset as long as you want or to zero (deactivation). And you should even raise up the system reset timer, because this pushes you back to the default function, which is usually the copy function.

Just push the # key after scanning and everything is fine!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Had this problem with a customer. They were using a Savin C2525 and they could can stiff and it would name it -1 and -2 and such until the screen had reset. The new Savin C5050 doesn't. THE REASON is because it is deemed a security issue. There is a Service Mode to turn it off so it acts like it used to on older machines. Have your installer call Ricoh tech support for the exact SP. I've only had to do this once over a year ago so don't remember.