Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Lanier 235 power issues

working on machine with no power, when powered up main power lite flashes and goes dark. pulled out controller, main pwer lite stays on but goes no further..tryed replacing main pwb no change. tryed door switches no change. tryed new controller no change.tryed new op panel no change.even tryed i/o board and high voltage boards, still nothing. cheched dead end sensor wires in turnover section for short on shaft were they rub, it was fine too.. this has got manager and i stumped any suggestions? thanks

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Pull the fuser out and disconnect any options one by one until the thing starts up.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Technician
    fuser already out and drum, just wanted to see if it would go into sc code. the only thing (option) left is the duplex unit plugged in. thanks will try that also

Technician
    pulled duplex off, still same issue...think maybe we're sitting on a large boat anchor

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Lanier 235 power issues

hmm...if you changed all pwb's by known good ones, the next step i would do, would be to get a meter and control the outgoing voltages from the power supply, next step would be to investigate the harness for pinched wires.
    nothing to loose, give it a try
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iambeetle84 View Post
    pulled duplex off, still same issue...think maybe we're sitting on a large boat anchor
    Did you say you changed the DC power supply? We have had several of these go down, including, as I recall, a new replacement. If the Op Panel is dark, check the 24v supply. Remove the scanner, lay it on a desk next to the machine, remove the exit section, unplug any solenoids you can see, plug the scanner in (Still on the desk) open all doors and switch on. Any display on op panel? unplug the laser unit and repeat (I think I had a polygon motor cause something similar once) unplug the toner motor, we have had these take out IO boards.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iambeetle84 View Post
    working on machine with no power, when powered up main power lite flashes and goes dark. pulled out controller, main pwer lite stays on but goes no further..tryed replacing main pwb no change. tryed door switches no change. tryed new controller no change.tryed new op panel no change.even tryed i/o board and high voltage boards, still nothing. cheched dead end sensor wires in turnover section for short on shaft were they rub, it was fine too.. this has got manager and i stumped any suggestions? thanks
    I've had this a couple times.. it's the harness for the exit sensor in the inverter unit. They run it across a roller shaft and it eventually shorts out to the shaft. Take the scanner off and remove the inverter cover and you'll see the wires running right across, move them and tape them up real good and you'll be off and running.

Technician
    checked the wires, there were rub marks but not worn thru. taped up, no change..the biggest problem is that i dont know if the boards i was using were any good to begin with, our copier 'junkyard' is pretty picked thru. tryed removing LSU also, no change..this time swaptronics just isn't working for us. Thank you for all the help,, think machine is just going to get parted out.