Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

MP2000 SPF Scan to Folder problem

I have just installed this machine and the user wants to SMB scan to 5 workstations.
    The users have been setup in the web image monitor | address book.
    There are a total of 5 users complete with the path
    For file transfer I have the username and password this account also has full rights to all these shared folders . Now my problem is when the user goes to scan instead of selecting SCANNER then press number 1 it should display his name Rick so he knows this is where he wants to scan it to but instead of his name being displayed it shows\\SMB\UNITEWARTER\Scans\Rick
    But then if I clear and say I want to scan to user #003 Sandy it says there is no entry but when I go to user tools system settings address book everyone is in there and I can do successfully a com test to the users scan folder.
    Any ideas? As to what is going on
    Slot 1 has a system card and slot2 is empty the machine came with an addressbook card and it says to run sp5846-42 if I recall correctly to copy the addressbook onto sd card printer/scanner but the machine did not come with a print/scanner card only a system card the user is able to print/fax/copy/scan only to one folder the \\SMB\UNITEWARTER\Scans\Rick

Sorry this is the best way I could explain the problem.
    You just got Pwned by an STI
    Experience Subaru Power

moeddi
    Is there some kind of authentification activated? With an active authentification the targets may blocked....

But you don't have to run to user tools, so see the valid addresses in your address book there is a key called "Search Destination" above your address shortcuts. When pushing it you will see a menu, where you can choose to "Display list". Check if they got the right number! Because when their number is higher than 32 you will have them in Addressbook but the shortcuts won't work. You could also use the Web Image Monitor to check!

When using the Web Image Monitor: http:\\<<THE IP of your MASCHINE>>

You can log in to admin mode via Log In

Standard is: Username: admin
    PW: ---EMPTY---

Then you can go the addressbook.

Check the following:

Leading Numbers of your addresses - Keep in mind that the registered numbers of the users will define the shortcut key. If your number is 2 your target is on key 2 and so on....
    SMB - Path - (Should be there)

If everything is fine and your addresses are listed from 001 - 005 or something like that, then you should do the following:

1. Check for user authentification! If any is activated, just deactivate it for a moment to see if its working then...
    2. Reinitialize the Addressbook!
    Do the following:
    1. Use the maintenance tab in the WIM's Addressbook and save the addressbook on your laptop or a host system of the customer, but be sure to have the encryption activated, to not loose any passwords if they are needed for SMB.
    2. Go to SP 5-846-50 and execute it. Then RESTART the system.
    3. Go to WIM's Addressbook again and restore the data.
    4. Test it!

The Backup can also be done with the SDMA or something like that, but using them would cause to loose the passwords....
    Last edited by moeddi; 07-21-2010 at 10:48 PM.

Thanks I did program the address book entries via WIM.
    The only thing I notice is that every user is especified as sender is checked

Also I know the book mentioned about having the print scanner sd card & if you have the adress book card
    your supposed to do like a merge. But the machine did not come with a print/scanner card only a system card
    and a addressbook card so it doesn't apply. Or was I supposed to do something ?
    You just got Pwned by an STI
    Experience Subaru Power