Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

mpc 3500 no toner

Ok got a MPC 3500, it shows No Black toner on the screen. I install a new toner(ricoh genuine), it says loading toner (after about 5mins of it trying to add) it shows no black toner. Do a engine all clear, reboot machine, it will show toner display icon has full black toner. After running 2 copies it goes back to no black toner and 0 bars in the display. Tried RF board, Controller, IOB, different toners, Firmware up todate. Anyone got any ideas?

also in toner remaing in SP mode, it shows -1780.35g left (yes negative).

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mpc 3500 no toner

It's not uncommon for the toner pump (above the dev unit at the rear) to fail. I would replace it, also vacuum out the line when you do. Part #B2233211

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Did you put all the default values from the birth certificate back into the machine after the engine clear? I agree with teebee too, this model does suffer from problems with it's toner pumps.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Technician 50+ Posts
    Check the sensor on the toner supply from the cartridge it's in behind the controller box at the back of the machine. I have had a machine with a similar fault and this sensor was dirty so it was not detecting toner falling down the tube. I had changed the whole pcu and toner supply unit before coming across this. hope this helps.

Technician
    Thankx for the advice, it ended up been the toner pump. Cheated the door, and took pcu's out. Turned toner supply on, and then each pump for a second, each unit piss's toner, K was bone dry.

Any one have any idea what actually fails in them? I took the problem one 'k' apart to clean it out, and notice only thing in it that may fail is a clutch. During my original troubleshooting, I switched the k clutch with the M clutch, but the problem didn't follow the clutch it stayed in K. (pump are different part numbers, but the clutches inside the pumps are the same part number). Just interested to know what it is that actually fails, as this is the first mpc pump ive had fail.

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    mpc 3500 no toner

Just thought I'd add this here. I went out to a brand new (192 pages total) mpc3501 yesterday with no black toner message. Didn't take too long to find the Bk toner hose kinked at nearly a right angle. Wonder if this has been a fault all along and a cause for toner pumps dying????
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison