Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician 50+ Posts spaniel ears's Avatar

MPC 4045 dead, light above on/off switch on

Just been to a customer, they switched their machine off using the red switch on the front of the machine during a copy run yesterday and now the machine is dead. On arrival the 5A plug fuse was blown, replaced it, and now the machine does have power, LEDs in the back are on, but it's not firing up. The green light above the power button is lit but other than that there are no signs of life. I've disconnected everything I can think of, checked all fuses etc. Does anyone know if this is likely to be a controller problem? Any help greatly appreciated.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    i had the same problem like you describe on a mpc 4500. customer did the same by switching it off from the plug without switching the machine off first. it will most likely be the power supply board. the diode on the power supply board will be blown. you cant order just the diode on its own. you will have to replace the psu. let us know how u get on. goodluck

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Turning it off while copying could have damaged the HD. Disconnect it and see if it boots up. I'm not sure what a 4045 is. Do you mean Savin C4040/Ricoh C4000

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Thanks ash_572 . I've tried disconnecting the Hd Jomama46 but it makes no difference, taken fuser unit out, all PCUs, peripherals, doors open etc. I haven't got a spare psu or controller to try that's the problem, didn't want to order one in unless i'm sure as I suspect they have a hefty price tag. The machine is an Infotec 4045, basically the same as an MPC4500.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    there is an RTB on the power supply units. its a new part number for the psu. check it out

Just read that ash_572 , nice one, that sounds like my problem. Next qusetion, does anyone know where to get a replacement diode? £521 for a new psu, ouch! Or is that my only option?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Replacing the PSU will be your only option. People have tried replacing said fuses on the board, only to have it blow up quite severely. New part number is AZ24 0150.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Cheers for the warning TonerMunkeh. If anyone knows of a UK pwb repair company that are up to the job i'd be grateful for any details. Thanks for all your replies so far, got to go on a service call now, i'll check in later. Cheers.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

I dont know any repair shops on that side of the pond but over here, but for a comparison Hytec is the official Ricoh repair station and they want 286 $ for repair and return or 664$ for a direct sale.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spaniel ears View Post
    Cheers for the warning TonerMunkeh. If anyone knows of a UK pwb repair company that are up to the job i'd be grateful for any details. Thanks for all your replies so far, got to go on a service call now, i'll check in later. Cheers.
    Here's a few:

PCB Repair | Electronic Circuit Board Repair
    PCB Repairs

I cover North Wales too, who do you work for?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.