Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    3245C depleting cyan developer units

When this happened the first time we blew out the connector and replaced the cyan DV unit and the cyan drum unit hoping to resolve the issue. Problem returned 2 months later, any thoughts? I don't feel like chasing my tail on this one. I'm assuming DV is being pulled to the drum, although customer never complained about image quality issues this time until the machine said 'set developer unit cyan' or something similar.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The Developing Units are driven each by a clutch which tends to get sticky, causing your Problem.
    The Number is AX200273. You can try to clean it, or if in doubt, replace all 4 at once.
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

or your issue is the motor pump who inject toner in the developer that is clogged

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by herrmann View Post
    The Developing Units are driven each by a clutch which tends to get sticky, causing your Problem.
    The Number is AX200273. You can try to clean it, or if in doubt, replace all 4 at once.
    I cast my vote with herrmann.

Technician
    dev clutch ax200273, i've replaced dozens of these for this problem. If you don't enjoy tearing the back of a 3245 off, I suggest at least cleaning(if not replacing) all the clutches while you're back there

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bbapst View Post
    dev clutch ax200273, i've replaced dozens of these for this problem. If you don't enjoy tearing the back of a 3245 off, I suggest at least cleaning(if not replacing) all the clutches while you're back there
    If you read past the OP you will see that hermann already said the exact same thing. Still, your answer is correct.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thank you all for the replies, I'll try the clutches and see what happens. It may be a while before we know for sure if that was it but from what I've read here it seems pretty clear.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    If you read past the OP you will see that hermann already said the exact same thing. Still, your answer is correct.
    just wanted to emphasize what a pain in the butt replacing the clutches are the FIRST time you do it. I learned the hard way, I replaced a black dev clutch and 2 weeks later I was back replacing the yellow one. Now each time I replace one I pull the rest out and clean them.