Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 100+ Posts
    Toner bottle stopper and rubber bushing reassembly - Ricoh 1075/2075

I was replacing toner bottle holder, and - rubber bushing that sits on the bottom (front side) popped out while removing toner bottle stopper.
    My problem is - when I try to put toner bottle stopper with the rubber bushing in place - it's impossible to do that without folding the rubber bushing.
    What's the trick to properly place the rubber bushing, and sticking back toner bottle stopper into the toner bottle holder??
    I'm attaching the jpeg - parts in question are:
    - rubber bushing #13 that goes into
    - toner bottle holder #14
    - then stuffing part #25 causes #13 to be pushed out, folded; it's very tight, tried paper over the rubber bushing, even slight silicone lube on the surfaces - nothing works
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts secretweapon23's Avatar
    I learned my mistake for doing that before, It was hard to put it back the rubber bushing for this toner bottle. You need more force if you need to.
    Goodluck
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.....A.E.

This is how it's done, found the hard way:
    shove the part #25 into part #14, THEN work #13 into the assembly from the bottom of #14
    It's counter-intuitive but it works.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexor View Post
    This is how it's done, found the hard way:
    shove the part #25 into part #14, THEN work #13 into the assembly from the bottom of #14
    It's counter-intuitive but it works.
    NO!!

Remove assy 25 (3 Clips), Insert the rubber seal #13 into the frame assy #14, then reinstall assy#25. if you don't insert the seal FIRST it WILL either rip itself out, stick, or leak (Nasty)!!

I've done LOADS of these, including Tech calls for wrongly reassembled units and THIS is the correct way!

Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    NO!!

Remove assy 25 (3 Clips), Insert the rubber seal #13 into the frame assy #14, then reinstall assy#25. if you don't insert the seal FIRST it WILL either rip itself out, stick, or leak (Nasty)!!

I've done LOADS of these, including Tech calls for wrongly reassembled units and THIS is the correct way!
    Hmm, with all due respect - I could not even remove the #25 from #14 because of the #13 was there. It was very hard and tight, but eventually it gave in, and I was able to remove the seal. Putting it back - although your way appears the only logical way - is impossible. Perhaps the particular unit I had was so unusually tight; anyway, working it in from the bottom worked just fine. I had this unit without the seal for a few thousand copies and there was hardly any leaks, anyway, just a little.

vanquisheder
    I did the same thing too I just didn't have the time and patience to be logical especially since it it was just too tight. I should admit that it does leak and it's not bad but have to work on it before it turns nasty.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanquisheder View Post
    I did the same thing too I just didn't have the time and patience to be logical especially since it it was just too tight. I should admit that it does leak and it's not bad but have to work on it before it turns nasty.
    I may have abreviated my instructions slightly but I said it would leak!!

My method lasted 15 seconds, very easy to do, and 8 thousand copies later - no leaks.