Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    andrew1986uk

Cool Sc 495 error code on lanier ld 075

Hello,
    our works photocopier is giving the sc495 error code,Lanier LD 075 is the photocopior, i know the problem is the waste system, i can feel the toner rocks in the tubes, but there are 3 mainboards in the way, anybody got a service manuel or booklet, or any input on a fix, this would be most helpful thanx

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Switch the machine off. Get yourself a tin of compressed air and blow it about between the big board to the top right and the long metal stripe on the left. Give it 20 minutes before you switch it back on and that should fix it. Failing that, call a tech, it'll need a strip-down and clean.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

andrew1986uk
    thanks i'll give that a go, i work for a computer repair shop, so compressed air is plentyful, however if anybody has a service booklet with diagrams in, I'm gonna have a go at stripping it and cleaning, any pointers!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Call a qualified service technician.

Power the machne off and unplug it from the outlet. There are two units in the toner recylce/collection system. Be sure to clean them both out completely, including the sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1986uk View Post
    thanks i'll give that a go, i work for a computer repair shop, so compressed air is plentyful, however if anybody has a service booklet with diagrams in, I'm gonna have a go at stripping it and cleaning, any pointers!
    Oh hell no, don't do that. These are classified as high volume machines and are very unforgiving on people who don't know what they're doing. As evidenced by:

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ra...user-post.html

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ri...pc-2500-a.html

If my original post doesn't cure it, call a tech in. They will give it a complete service and make sure it is running in tip-top condition. Don't forget, if you break it in the course of your meanderings, it will cost you a LOT more to repair.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

andrew1986uk
    hi i'm desperate need of a service manuel, my boss wants me to strip and clean copier, anybody got a diagram or summit to work with, esp. those motherboard conections, putting them back anybody got any tips before i got to the shop tommorrow and do it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    If u dont get a tech to do that you sould be carefull when u stripping donw the machine.
    Try to take alots of pics of the bords so u can remember where to put all the things back.
    Basic TIP

TO andrew1986uk
    Last edited by brodera; 08-18-2010 at 01:50 PM.

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar
    this is really not a nice job and not for the faint hearted if you dont do a good job of it it just keeps coming back bes way

get a service guy in who does these on a regular basis and I would change the pipes bit of a job but do it right do it once !!!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1986uk View Post
    hi i'm desperate need of a service manuel, my boss wants me to strip and clean copier, anybody got a diagram or summit to work with, esp. those motherboard conections, putting them back anybody got any tips before i got to the shop tommorrow and do it.
    A service manual WILL NOT tell you how to strip and clean on this machine. It will tell you what parts need replacing at what times, how to replace said parts and what to do when you replace them. Tell your boss to get a qualified and trained service technician in to do this. Don't forget - you don't have access to any parts if the machine needs them.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    A service manual WILL NOT tell you how to strip and clean on this machine. It will tell you what parts need replacing at what times, how to replace said parts and what to do when you replace them. Tell your boss to get a qualified and trained service technician in to do this. Don't forget - you don't have access to any parts if the machine needs them.
    Correct, Sir, This procedure is not outlined in the manual. The best bet is to call a certified tech. They will do it correctly and a basic service and cleaning, as well as alert you to any other issues.

The boss should include that he has to pay you do do this job, and not your regular work.