Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy Ricoh 2015,2018,2020

Please could someone help, need to install a external meter and keycounter on ricoh 2015,2018,2020 & 1015,1018 model.
    I am a Canon Tech and recently been working on Ricoh models.

We have clients in shops and internet cafe who would like to monitor how many copies customer have done by wiring a remote counter and a switch to disable the copier, untill customer wants to use it.

Could someone let me know were to connect the wiring on the copier for meter and key counter switch.
    At moment i wire for meter only on the anologue machanical counter and tap in to the meter with long wire near to customer counter and installing a 24v counter.

How can i connect for key counter to dis able the copier via a switch remotely.
    any helpwould be much appreciated.
    Thank you..

On Ricoh aficio 1022 there is a facility where there is a connector to tap in for meter and a switch.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh 2015,2018,2020

At first you need the
    "Counter Interface Unit Type A"
    Ricoh Number: CIU300000

Its not really expensive, so get and install it.

In the meantime, i will look after the right pin-assignment to connect counter and switch and inform you
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts delosangeles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    Please could someone help, need to install a external meter and keycounter on ricoh 2015,2018,2020 & 1015,1018 model.
    I am a Canon Tech and recently been working on Ricoh models.

We have clients in shops and internet cafe who would like to monitor how many copies customer have done by wiring a remote counter and a switch to disable the copier, untill customer wants to use it.

Could someone let me know were to connect the wiring on the copier for meter and key counter switch.
    At moment i wire for meter only on the anologue machanical counter and tap in to the meter with long wire near to customer counter and installing a 24v counter.

How can i connect for key counter to dis able the copier via a switch remotely.
    any helpwould be much appreciated.
    Thank you..

On Ricoh aficio 1022 there is a facility where there is a connector to tap in for meter and a switch.
    Here is the 1 2 3

KEY COUNTER INSTALLATION
    B121 Series/B259 Series 1-32 SM

1. Remove the left cover (
    �� 3.3.8).

2. Remove the rear cover (�� 3.3.1).
    3. Remove the cap [A] with nippers.
    4. Punch out the small hole using a screwdriver.
    5. Hold the key counter plate nuts [C] on the inside of the key counter bracket [D]
    and insert the key counter holder [E].
    6. Secure the key counter holder to the bracket (x 2).

7. Install the key counter cover [F] (x 2).

8. Connect the connector [A] to CN126 on
    the BICU.
    9. Install the clamps .
    10. Hold the cable with the clamps [C][D].

[B][B][B]
    NOTE:

The relay cable is not included

in the key counter bracket
    accessories.
    11. Join the relay cable [E] with the
    connector [F].
    12. Reinstall the rear cover.
    13. Pass the relay cable through the
    opening [G] and reinstall the left cover.
    14. Install the stepped screw [H].
    15. Join the connectors [I][J].
    16. Pass the joined connectors through the opening of the key counter holder
    assembly [K], and put the connectors inside the assembly.
    17. Hook the key counter holder assembly onto the stepped screw [H]. Check that
    the cable is not caught between the left cover and the key counter holder
    assembly.
    18. Secure the key counter holder assembly with the screw [L].
    19. Go to SP5-113. Change setting to 11.
    20. Enter User Tools. Go to Systems Settings> Key Operator Tools> Extended

Charge Unit Management. Change to 1.

The part number for the B121 B122 B123 Key Counter Assembly is EDP Code 411013.

The part number for the B121 B122 B123 Key Counter Bracket is A5091055.

The part number for the Key Counter Harness for B121 B122 B123 is B1215261.

Last edited by delosangeles; 08-17-2010 at 04:47 AM.
    Trade like a tiger sleep like a baby

thanks for the reply.

I do not want to connect keycounter directly to the copier, but a remote counter and switch via a 10metre cable and need to tap in for connection for meter and switch please, so shop owner can monitor copies made made by customer in a shop as it is a self service copier.
    Need tap in points to copier for wiring, have alredy 24v ressettable counter and switch.
    Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts AyJayAreDii's Avatar
    I get what you mean! I not installed them and sure we have not fitted any, I have seen them in co-ops etc on 2018 m/c's.
    On a 2018 CN126 is the optional counter connector.

CN126 - 1- GND
    2- [set >5V]
    3- +24V
    4- on [>24V]

Hope this helps

thanks that will help i can connect 24v resettable counter on cn126 on pin 1-3, anyone know regarding the switch where to connect to disable copier , like keycounter switch please.
    Tap in points on copier.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 2015,2018,2020

Pin 3(+24v) & 4(24v active low) on CN126 will connect to the counter - pin 4 will go low on each copy and cycle the counter one click. Pin 1(GND) & 2(Set 5V) is your enable/disable. When you enable SP5-113, pin 1 & 2 become active and require a jumper to enable copying.
    Probably the easiest and most elegant solution is to get the key counter option and splice in a 4 wire harness of the length you need (you need the correct connector plug anyways, you don't really want to solder in loose wires). The counter holder box can be mounted near the key op and then they can slap in the counter anytime they need to (which also enables the circuit).

Attached is a screen shot of the schematic showing the connection...
    key_counter_schematic.doc
    Last edited by teebee1234; 08-17-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Thank you very much, i will connect counter to pin 3-4 and switch to pin 1-2 to disable and enable copier via a switch .
    I will give feed back when working,
    Thank you for input
    and CN126 is it same for all ricoh models 1018, 2018, 2020 etc,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    Pin 3(+24v) & 4(24v active low) on CN126 will connect to the counter - pin 4 will go low on each copy and cycle the counter one click. Pin 1(GND) & 2(Set 5V) is your enable/disable. When you enable SP5-113, pin 1 & 2 become active and require a jumper to enable copying.
    Probably the easiest and most elegant solution is to get the key counter option and splice in a 4 wire harness of the length you need (you need the correct connector plug anyways, you don't really want to solder in loose wires). The counter holder box can be mounted near the key op and then they can slap in the counter anytime they need to (which also enables the circuit).

Attached is a screen shot of the schematic showing the connection...key_counter_schematic.doc
    Thanks for your time Teebee1234.
    I have enabled SP5-113 to 11 & 12 and when switch copier on and off , its still is normall state for copying, its not disabled state allthough
    Sp5-113 nis active?
    Anymore input would be appreciated.
    should the setting be on 11 or 12, i have tried both settings on Sp5-113 mode.
    Thanks

Found info on cd manual set to 11.
    enter user tools, go to system settings>key operator tools>extended charge unit management & change to 1 or on.

Works fine now message coming up insert keycounter, now i will sort out connection to CN126 as its blank.

Thanks everyone for the input.
    Last edited by apollo; 08-18-2010 at 07:05 PM.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    thanks that will help i can connect 24v resettable counter on cn126 on pin 1-3, anyone know regarding the switch where to connect to disable copier , like keycounter switch please.
    Tap in points on copier.

Pins 1 + 2 Provide a " 5v Active low" to enable copying when the "Key counter mode is set!

Pins 3 + 4 are for the counter!!

If you connect 1 + 3 you will blow the PCB!!!!