Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh 2015,2018,2020

Re: Ricoh 2015,2018,2020

These two settings should not be used in tandem. Use one or the other.
    Sorry, but i made exactly the converse experience. In the SP mode you set the type of device (count up or down etc. ), after that, you must tell the mashine in the user mode, that there is such a device present.
    So, they only work together.
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts oldschool's Avatar

Well to clarify
    In user tools sys settings there are two settings. One simply turns on the key counter connector. No other setting needs to be changed. That setting can cause a jam if the counter is unplugged during paper feed. That is the setting that shouldn't be used in tandem with the SP5-113 setting. The second setting and the one I believe your thinking of is External Charge Unit Management. This setting is also in user tools. In the External Charge Unit Management menu is where you highlight the controlled functions like full color copies or prints. External Charge Unit management can only be selected when sp5-113 is set.
    If you are using the type A interface (20 pin connector) than nothing is connected to the key counter. So if you used the key counter setting than the copier will always say "To use the following functions set key card".
    These options and settings will be slightly different between color and B/W copiers and some older copier firmware going back to the 1020s.
    Last edited by oldschool; 01-09-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: added color v b/w statement

janam4u

got tried of tryin so many different things
    that i just went real OLD SCHOOL on it and attached a KAL-DIN: Miniature, Low Cost, LCD, Self Powered, Electronic Counter KAL-DIN AC/DC
    counter to the clutch motor works perfectly thanks to KEP but ricoh has got to shape up their game i tried everything before the old paper feed clutch trick
    not happy that i had to resort to it and the problem was not my meter or scope

most likely the machine and its firmware