Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Just Manuals - Fin Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by jonezy999 View Post
    Cheers mrwho. This should stop a shite load of complaints.
    If people use it. In that regard, people who complain about M4Y can put this to good use. I, on the other hand, won't. See, while sometimes I come to this forum for work, most of the times I come just for the sheer fun of it!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    as this is a tech forum, the moderator should remove commercially orientated posts, if the manual brigade are allowed to sell, why should this not stop others selling their wares, we need one consistent rule for this site. Free is good, people volunteer their info on this site, why let the commercially minded abuse this fine site.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Just Manuals - Fin Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoceran View Post
    as this is a tech forum, the moderator should remove commercially orientated posts, if the manual brigade are allowed to sell, why should this not stop others selling their wares, we need one consistent rule for this site. Free is good, people volunteer their info on this site, why let the commercially minded abuse this fine site.
    First of all, if the moderators were watching this, this thread would be long erased or moved to the Rants and Raves forum, where it belongs, as well as this thread and this one. I'm assuming the moderators (is there more than one?) have other business to attend to and can't keep an eye over here constantly, but I believe this forum, given the number of members everyday, could use some more moderation - maybe it's time to start recruiting.

About the commercially oriented posts, one thing is you or me or any other techie who has some spare parts around to get rid of and another completely different thing is a company pretending to be a regular tech blatantly trying to sell their merchandise here - those should pay to advertise.

About the advertisements on this forum, as I said on another thread, if people pay to advertise, its the owner's business and no one else's. Anyone who vaguely knows how much it costs to maintain a site with this kind of web traffic understands that every income is welcome.

As for me, I'm perfectly fine with advertising - it helps to maintain the forum and, like TV ads, no one is forcing me to buy anything. As for M4Y's posts on tech threads trying to sell his stuff (which doesn't bother me as long as it is on topic - like a dude asking for help on a 7075 and M4Y telling he has the relevant manuals for sale), if it bothers people so much, just add M4Y to the ignore list and that should take care of it.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!