Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

mpc6000 toner end

is there any way to recover the copier from this apart fromchanging the dev as i have to go to one soon it hasnt a lot of colour copies on the clock but the magenta toner end wont go out

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mpc6000 toner end

It could be a couple of things. The pump may have failed on the hopper, more specifically the clutch that engages it (I've seen them do 2 things, either stay enabled and overtone or not enable and get what you have). Pull off the toner end sensor on the supply unit (piezo type) and look in the opening, does toner fall out? If it's empty then you know that the pump isn't working (assuming there is still toner in the bag). Also, toner caked on the face of the piezo sensor may register that hopper area full when it's empty. Part # for the supply unit is D0143359.

Technician
    this has worked for me
    1)`confirm that toner is not clumping in the sub hopper
    2) with unit off insert sd card in service slot and power up with door open, backup nvram sp5824 turn unit off and remove sd
    3) power up and clear engine with sp5801-2, then reboot with door open. power down after door open indication
    4) insert sd card, power up with door open and execute sp5825
    5) turn unit off and remove sd card
    6) power up with door open and confirm sp3410 is 10 for that color
    7)set sp 5051 to off and 5061 to 1 reboot

do not retry toner cartridges already tried in the machine.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    many thanks guys can i ask at what point do i put a fresh toner in the copier if i follow youra advice bbapst

Technician
    yeah you have to replace all the toners, because it will reset the all the counters for the toner( they will say they are all full, even if they're not and it can cause the issue to come back again)

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    went back and checkted all the dev and toner fill settings they were all 1111
    tried to reset sp3410 from 1 to 10 as all the other colours were set to this in
    this sp i found that the machine new that the tone was at 100% and went down to 99% as i used it
    Every time i reset it to 10 the toner near end would go out but after 1 copy colour came back
    in the end after phoning the help desk i changed the dev with still toner near end then i reset sp 3410 to 10 and all is now ok
    cant quit figger this out but it worked for me thanks for all your help.