Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Savin C2525

DITS

Question Savin C2525

Have a C2525, paper jams at the Fusing Unit. Was told I needed a new FU. Why not the Fusing tractor? Help please.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Savin C2525

Huh? Jamming in fuser, replace or rebuild the fuser. What is a fusing tractor?
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Savin C2525

Unless you have some damage, that fuser should go 160k. But like the man said, what is a fuser tractor?

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

DITS

Exclamation Bottom line...

paper jams, msg state allow cooling of the fuser unit. The path is clear of any debris. I am not a copier tech, wanting to buy this machine but if it IS the 600 dollar FU I need to know.

Savin C2525

Maybe you should call a tech

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Savin C2525

Quote Originally Posted by DITS View Post
    paper jams, msg state allow cooling of the fuser unit. The path is clear of any debris. I am not a copier tech, wanting to buy this machine but if it IS the 600 dollar FU I need to know.
    I never heard of a message to allow "cooling" of fuser unit, unless it's in the jam clearing tutorial on the display.

• When you get a jam, what is the jam code displayed on the screen (along the top banner - J0x) and what areas are lit on the copier diagram (A,B or C).
    • Where exactly is the lead edge of the jammed paper at (before it enters the fuser, in the middle of the fuser or after it exits)? Is the paper accordioned or just stopped?
    • Does it jam from all of the drawers and or different paper sizes?
    • What is the total meter (color and b\w).
    Last edited by teebee1234; 08-25-2010 at 12:08 AM.

DITS
    That is why i am here. Have been a computer tech 20 military/13 civilian. I have never just walk in, open a case and determine the issue with out my meters etc. This individual is not a Savin tech. We are located in an area that it is not economical to local Savin dealer.

DITS
    Thank you all! I have all the manuals, service, operators et al. I was able to work it today the issue is the fusing unit apparently get too hot and the paper jams. Works great if cold to warm, but more than 100 copies at a time starts the jam. 240k on the fuser, so maybe time to replace.

Savin C2525

Yeah, maybe.
    Savin, Ricoh, Lanier, sameo,sameo. This is a nice copier, dont screw it up by doing your own maintenance.

A+; Network +; PDI+

DITS
    nope I do ink toners and Pcs