Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts spaceman99's Avatar

Angry MP3050 af 1027. Evovle recycled paper JAMS in the UK

Hello , this may only effect the UK.
    Is anyone experiencing jams when using Evolve Recycled paper. ( in a burgundy packet ). Manly on the AF1027 and Mp 2030 range. I know the duplex gate has been modified along with the gate, but it still jams. I have turned the fuser down and this helps but not on all the machines. Apart from setting a match to it has any one got a work around. This has got to be the worse media I have come across. It would be easier to put toilet paper through the machines.
    Any ideas would be welcomed.
    Thank you

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Two huge accounts of ours have just gone to this paper and all the machines (mix of MPC25-5000's, MP4000's, MP2550's etc) absolutely fucking hate it. All mods have been fitted on the Russians, they just can't feed it reliably. Obviously the customer blames the machines. Only way I've found to sort it is to lower the fuser temp by 5 degrees, that seems to help a little. Cleaning reg and driven rollers with rubber cleaner can help a little too.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

RIkon Boy 50+ Posts
    Had 1 account with 3 different sites using this crap on AF 3245C and AF3045 models.They all had jamming problems but each said none of the other sites were having any issues at all. We soon found out this wasn't the case when 1 tech had a week off and a tech from another site had to cover for him.We managed to get the customer to change supplier.

Saying that, every machine I went to today used crap quality paper with severe curl so with the weather as it is at the moment, you just can't win.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Just take a few packs of quality paper and show the customer that your paper doesn't jam.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Just googled the paper type - http://www.evolve-papers.com/en/index.php?content_ID=4

Would anyone who is having a problem with this paper please report it to M-Real UK Limited, the more of us that do it, the more the chance Evolve will investigate it.

United Kingdom
    M-real UK Ltd.
    Office Papers
    Unit A Compass North
    Pembroke Road, Chatham Maritime
    Kent ME4 4YG
    United Kingdom
    Tel: +44 1634 492607
    Fax: +441634 492695
    Email: katie.stansfield@m-real.com
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts delosangeles's Avatar

Global warming is a big lie

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Just googled the paper type - Evolve Everyday

Would anyone who is having a problem with this paper please report it to M-Real UK Limited, the more of us that do it, the more the chance Evolve will investigate it.

United Kingdom
    M-real UK Ltd.
    Office Papers
    Unit A Compass North
    Pembroke Road, Chatham Maritime
    Kent ME4 4YG
    United Kingdom
    Tel: +44 1634 492607
    Fax: +441634 492695
    Email: katie.stansfield@m-real.com
    Wow that sucks you guys having to deal with the side effects of the "Global warming" lie. How much time and money has been wasted dealing with bad recycled paper?
    Trade like a tiger sleep like a baby

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP3050 af 1027.   Evovle recycled paper JAMS  in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by delosangeles View Post
    Wow that sucks you guys having to deal with the side effects of the "Global warming" lie. How much time and money has been wasted dealing with bad recycled paper?
    save it for some kook political board, don't try to ruin this excellent tech site.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts delosangeles's Avatar

?

Quote Originally Posted by copyaction View Post
    save it for some kook political board, don't try to ruin this excellent tech site.

Hey what does "Kook" mean? I have not heard that term. Sounds cool maybe I'll start using it.
    Trade like a tiger sleep like a baby

Senior Tech 100+ Posts spaceman99's Avatar
    Thanks for the feed back. Tonermunkeh Great shout... will pass the info on to the customer. I think it will be stronger coming from them once I point out the words, “No Compromise” on the packet. Eric1968... do this as standard practice. Thanks for the feed back.
    cheers
    Spaceman99

Senior Tech 100+ Posts verderacer's Avatar
    delosangelos makes a good point. Whether you believe in global warming or not the paper and copy industry will be dealing with this issue. Here in AZ we had a bad run of recycled paper sold at the local office depot stores that caused the same kind of problems.
    Ricoh & Microsoft may pay the bills but Un*x saves my ass every day.
    MCSE/CCNE/ENS and other crap...