Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    amedbcs

Angry Error SC672 aficio 1027

Hello guys, I have a new customer with this SC672 at boot up. I can't get into the service mode , or anything else. When you turn the machine on it says please wait for about 30 secs and then the SC672 shows up. I have tried to disconnect the hard drives, I pulled out the memory, network card etc. It won't budge. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Have you tried op panel connections ?

amedbcs
    yup.. tried the op panel connection cable..still same error appeared..

Senior Tech 250+ Posts delosangeles's Avatar

So if?

Quote Originally Posted by amedbcs View Post
    yup.. tried the op panel connection cable..still same error appeared..
    So if you enter SP modes by keying in "clear modes" "1" "0" "7" & hold down the "stop" keys does the display change at all?
    Trade like a tiger sleep like a baby

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts secretweapon23's Avatar
    If keying "clear modes" > 1 0 7 >& holding stop keys won't work, try to dis-connect HDD connection and repeat the procedure again.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.....A.E.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Error SC672 aficio 1027

Could also be the controller or NVRAM or memory DIMM. Try reseating the boards, if that doesn't work you may want to replace the DIMM or NVRAM before the Controller as it is much cheaper.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    could be the op panel or power supply board

Re: Error SC672 aficio 1027

hey chaps please help i have the same problem and addition to wrench signal not appeared it's weird. i replaced controller board . i have two clients have same issue. and also they have problem with electricity pressure. it's not stable .this required buying firmware or upgrade.please any clue

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I just had this code last week on a C305. Don't know if same can be done on this model. I called Ricoh support. They told me to try booting without hdd and any accessories. Then reseat and hopefully it will come back which mine did. The interesting thing though is he told me that if it didn't work, to hold the # key for more than 10 seconds at the error screen and more info will be shown on the screen, then to get back to him with additional info. Don't know if you can do the same for a 1027, but might be worth a shot.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar

Does this Machine have print and scan function to have a hdd unit installed.... If so remove all the units from the machine Dev, Fuser, PCU and try to boot, This wlll eliminate any unit malfunction. If the problem persists carry on do not put these units back in. I would then make sure the Print controller has not been removed if there was one.
    I would now disconnect the HDD and retry boot leaving for a couple of minutes to recover. If this fails then the issue reverts to the BICU board, in theory the NV ram Could have shorted or one of the dimms is shot....

If you have a working 1027 nearby remove the NV Ram and dimms and Put them on your faulty machine.
    ( This is why i said remove the units and dont put back in as they could have blown something on the board i.e a fuse etc ) and putting the nv ram or dimm onto the machine could make the working ones faulty. I hope this will put you in the right direction and you fix the problem