Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    apophys

Question Ricoh Aficio 2015

Hello everybody,

I have recently purchased a used Ricoh Aficio 2015 copier. Unfortunately, the business that supplied it did not give me the administrative passwords, configuration info... I just have the machine and manuals+discs.

Now I am trying to access the web interface, but I do not have the administrator password. Could you please help me with this problem?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio 2015

User name leave blank, password is "password" (leave lower case)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts secretweapon23's Avatar
    You can also try user name: "admin" password: "sysadm"
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.....A.E.

apophys
    Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately, none of passwords work. Do you have anymore?

Could it be that they actually set a password for the copier? In this case, how do you reset it? I saw on a thread somewhere that a 'supervisor' mode/login exists to allow that, but I couldn't make it work...

Andrea
    Hi,
    try user name: admin and psw: blank (nothing password)

apophys
    Thanks, but it doesn't work either

Ricoh Aficio 2015

Just found this, it should fix you up....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What to do if the administrator password is forgotten.
    Answer Administrators do not need to enter a username. They only need to remember their password. If this password is forgotten, please try the following:
    1) The admin password is the same for both WebImageMoniter and telnet. Ask whether the customer remembers either of the two.
    2) Try the factory default "password".
    3) If both 1) and 2) do not work, a service engineer has to reset the password for the customer. Follow these steps:
    3-1) (IMPORTANT) Print a configuration sheet at the beginning. You will need the configuration sheet to restore the network settings.
    3-2) Enter SP mode.
    3-3) Enter SP 5-801-011 (Memory Clear > NCS).
    3-4) Press [Execute].
    3-5) You will be asked for confirmation. (IMPORTANT) This will reset all of the network and interface settings. Make sure you have printed the configuration sheet. Press [Execute] once again.
    3-6) Turn off the device, then turn it back on.
    3-7) Restore all the network settings to the values of the configuration sheet.
    3-8) The above steps should have reset the password to the factory default, "password".
    3-9) Finally, the customer should log in to the device and change the password to their own. This can be done using Web Image Monitor or telnet ("passwd" command).

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    If you can't get in using the admin login you can try to initialize the NCS settings from SP mode. SP5-801-11.

Enter the following key sequence, holding the last key until you see a response: Clear Modes (Yellow), 1, 0, 7, Clear/Stop (Red)
    Select #1 (should indicate copy SP)
    Enter 5#, 801#, 11# and choose execute.

Once complete restart the machine and see if you can get into the default login. Do not attempt any other memory clear, you will end up hosed.

Also, for future reference, if folks are buying used you should check for access to these things and simply not buy it if they can't get into important settings.

apophys
    No, I can enter user tools just fine, no auth request. Just in the web interface.

The only error I get sometimes (and I don;t know what it represents or how to fix it) is 'updating destination list failed'.

Ricoh Aficio 2015

Quote Originally Posted by apophys View Post
    No, I can enter user tools just fine, no auth request. Just in the web interface.

The only error I get sometimes (and I don;t know what it represents or how to fix it) is 'updating destination list failed'.
    To stop that nag message, you need to turn off delivery server in User Tools (should be in File Transfer section). They were previously probably using Scan Router.