Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Af3260c vs mpc5000

Hi guys

Just want to get a few opinions how does the MPC5000 compare against the AF3260.
    I have a customer that is not to impressed with the copy quality of the AF3260 and we are trying to upgrade him with a MPC5000. It there a major quality improvement in the MPC5000. Speed is not a issue. We have not yet sold a MPC5000 so we can not compare the two.

Thanks

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Depends what sort of volume they are doing a month. The MPC5000 is a cracking machine for mid volume, but it will not take a lot of heavy coverage. They're rated for about 30k/month. The 3260 however is a heavier duty machine. If memory serves they're rated for 120k/month.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Won't even do 10k a month quality is the main concern.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts daveyball's Avatar
    The big differance from my aspect between the 2, is the coverage on the page, the 5000 can't cope with heavy coverage where as the 3260 can, you should however be getting more than 10k per month between calls, what issues are you having?

The quality of the af3260 is not good enough according to him. Its also getting long in the tooth and it is time to upgrade.

Hey if he wants to upgrade, why stop them, but once again the coverage would be my concern, I have got a couple of MPC5000, they are great machines, unitll full coverage, they just can't cope. I have put in the MPC6501 in place of a 3260, that seem to cope with the coverage.

What happens, undertoning? And how many full coverage copies would cause it. Reason is here in South Africa the price diff. between a MPC5000 and a MPC6501 is quite a bit. You can by 2 MPC5000 and a fiery for the price of a MPC6501.

I know what you mean abouy the price differance, but the 6501 is the replacment model for the 3260, as regards the full coverage on the 5000 I get lots of fuser jams, and toner peeling off, using thick mode helps a bit. A run of 10-15 or more and then the problems begin

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyball View Post
    I know what you mean abouy the price differance, but the 6501 is the replacment model for the 3260, as regards the full coverage on the 5000 I get lots of fuser jams, and toner peeling off, using thick mode helps a bit. A run of 10-15 or more and then the problems begin
    MPC 5000 is ok as midrange business mc.....but fuser jams and wraps are inevitable with high toner loads particularly on the lead edge - the fuser has no cleaning at all and basically no seperation mechanism. Also watch out for what seems to be one dev after another failing with deletions - small blockages at the blade causing clear lines.

I personally would say that a very well maintained 3260 would run better - however they are getting old and i cant recommend its bigger brother at all (mpc7501/6501). So good luck. One last thing i wouldnt waste any money on a Fiery interface, the machine controller is more than adequate for the engine.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    If they are not running full bleed I would take an Mpc5000 over a 3260 every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Horrible inverter jaming problems on 3260's as well as very long pm's, charge rollers that need constant cleaning/changing, and a not so good toner add system.