Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

aficio 2045 Toner collects on top of drum, falls on registration roller at end of run

Toner collects on top of the drum and falls on registration roller at end of run. The first one or two copies have spots of toner on them. Am I over-toned? Thanks, Sam

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    More likely the PCU recycling has blocked up. Strip and clean it. Also, check the entrance seals on the PCU and developer units, they do wear out and get holes in. Transfer waste been emptied recently? Developer and PCU items within life?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    aficio 2045 Toner collects on top of drum, falls on registration roller at end of run

Ditto what TonerMonkeh says. You probably should also start fresh with new drum, blade, charge roller and developer and scrub or replace the mag roller, dollars to donuts the surface is coated black (that will give you background). Also, are they using OEM toner or a knockoff?

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar
    I've had to deal with far too many of these machines this week.... As much as it's a pain in the butt, you have no choice but to pull it all apart and vacumn that bugger clean...All the units, no sortcuts on these machines. I usually end up with more toner on me than there is in the machine. Good luck

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    If the seals look bad you should also think about changing the entire pcu, it could save you from alot of future calls. if the mach was overtoned the copies would have heavy background.

Technician
    Thanks all for your help.