Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question Ricoh 2075 memory lost

Hi everyone,
    I have a Ricoh 2075 that lost all memory/ counters and all went to default or some odd setting. It had print/scan, and now the copier won't recognize the print/scan option. I am also getting an SC870-9 code. I have attempted to re-install firmware, but the copier only shows the "Please wait" on the display. I've looked around and don't see any thing so far that may have caused this. One last thing, if the copier is turned off, any changes made in the service mode or user tools are lost. Any help will be appreciated.

Luig

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    The 870 relates to the address book. With the loss of the print/option, sounds like the HDD has failed. Try replacing it. I doubt the counters have been reset without a wiped nvram. Has the machine been subjected to a power surge?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    I doubt the counters have been reset without a wiped nvram.
    I know that this sounds unlikely, but it happen. the counter at user tools says 12,135, and int the SP mode it has a 22 mil. counter. As far as the HDD, is it possible for the HDD to partially work? Because I have full use of the duplex features when coping. As for a surge, well the customer says that there wasn't any. I'm just wondering if this copier is just a good parts machine now?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts secretweapon23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luig View Post
    I know that this sounds unlikely, but it happen. the counter at user tools says 12,135, and int the SP mode it has a 22 mil. counter. As far as the HDD, is it possible for the HDD to partially work? Because I have full use of the duplex features when coping. As for a surge, well the customer says that there wasn't any. I'm just wondering if this copier is just a good parts machine now?
    Hi, if you don't have any username that was program on the machine, try to format the HDD. I also encountered that issue before, I have Kir-C3(MP 2000) that has been reset/memory clear the machine including the NVRAM counter without do nothing on the machine and I'm also wondering how this happen. But the machine still running until now.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.....A.E.