Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

SR 3050 0n a MPC3300

Hi all

Is it just me, or is it too far from Friday?!
    I'm having a small issue with a SR 3050 finisher....
    Here goes, the customer complained that the paper was rolling up as it exited the finisher causing jams. After watching it for a while I have established that it seems to happen only when they are doing stapled documents. The first piece of paper that comes out (and then waits for the subsequent pages) tends to nose dive and either roll up or in some cases correct itself. The first set is always fine, it seems to happen to any packs following. From what I have observed, the tray shifts downwards when the stapled pack is ejected, it is here where the problem lies. The tray on it's way up and collects the front edge of the paper.....
    So, I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with one of these woeful finishers? I've had a look at the RTB's not much in there, a firmware update and two part mods, but nothing that seems related to this problem...
    In the meantime I'll carry on scratching my head, but feel free to chip in

Thanks all
    Cheers

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Could this maybe be moisture in the paper? Just a guess.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    SR 3050 0n a MPC3300

Or lack of oil on the upper fuser roller causing the paper to curl on one corner.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    Or lack of oil on the upper fuser roller causing the paper to curl on one corner.
    ( Upper fuser roller? You sure you're thinking of the right machine? )
    Ah, you may have noticed if you have stripped one of these units that it doesn't have an oil roller, or a cleaning roller for that matter...... I rebuilt the fuser unit on Monday morning as it was ever so slightly over it's life, give or take 90%.....

The paper is exiting the finisher just fine, but as I explained in great detail, it's nose diving when the exit tray is on it's way up after collecting the ejected stapled pack, but doesn't always roll the paper. also if it has rolled the first sheet of paper from the pack, it usually doesn't staple this page as it is offset to the rest of the pages.....

Thanks for your answers guys, I'm popping in there in the morning to take a look at the catch tray, just want to make sure they haven't lent on and damaged the mechanism....

Cheers

It was pointed out to me today that I'm very long winded when describing things on here......I just like to paint a big picture LoL.....

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    SR 3050 0n a MPC3300

This doesnt sound like the case but when a fuser doesnt have an oil roller, the lower roller feeds oil to the upper roller.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    This doesnt sound like the case but when a fuser doesnt have an oil roller, the lower roller feeds oil to the upper roller.
    We are talking about an MPC 3300 here right? The fuser unit lays on its side and has a fusing belt assy....... Besides the point really, had a look at it this morning to verify that nothing was broken, all appears normal... And to answer Eric, defo not damp paper. All other copying fine, this machine stands next to a Pro 1357ex and a big old Xerox, no troubles there. I think I need to go have a look at one on another machine. Something doesn't quite add up to me on that unit....

Technician
    Hi there, I had the same problem. Most likley the sr is out of "sync". As i can recall there is a gear inside in the fornt of the sr that is controlled by a solenoid. The gear it self is also on top of antoher gear making it possible to adjust the timing when the solenoid turns on. You can do this adjustment when the sr runs. It's a platic snap-ring that holdes the gear in place. Take this off and turn the gear on or two notches forward or bakwards..most likley you have to move it forwards.