Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: A mysterious SC 220 on MP4000

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    Did you do all the adjustments after replacement of the laser unit?
    Only adjsutment you do on these machines is printing 2dot horizontal pattern and then manually adjusting laser diode there are not any other adjustments (like for instance on old Adonis's).

Unfortunately, i amnot even able to print that patter as SC is being triggered when you try to print.....

Regards
    Network+,

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    A mysterious SC 220 on MP4000

First off, the reference to the DOSS card is a misprint in the manual (don't know why they haven't corrected it by now!). I had this problem last week on an MP5001 - actually going on for over a month being that it was intermittent. After replacing the LDU twice (with adjustments), replaced the door interlocks (though originals were clean as a whistle when I opened them), upgraded all the firmware and threw in some expletives for good measure, I still got called back several times for the same code. I found that in the SMC report, the SC220 was always accompanied by an SC240 that occurred first, but not displayed, only logged. Also found that the error almost always occurred during the 2nd copy job after I rebooted from the error. If I copied a set of 20 originals and placed them back in the feeder as a new job, as soon as the 2nd job started to print, the error would throw with the first sheet of the 2nd job always partially out of the tray. The fix ended up being replacement of the BICU board, but in your case another suspect could be the harness from the laser to the BICU. I did notice that the connector with the 4 white wires that came from the Laser was a loose fit where it plugged into the BICU . Just something to consider.

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar

Encountered this problem with one of our machine(MP4000), we replaced the SYNC Detector Board and up to now the machine is working. just to share with you.
    Nobody is perfect..

Technician

maybe execute an engine clear will be able to solve the issue

replace laser unit and tell him that is your fault and neglecting your machine causes this error customer like that i push him out and obligated him with high price to reserve on his machine and check out contaminated laser in my office

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I have the same problem but the error appear only when printing but no problem in copying and the machine is like a new have a perfect condition i didn't think the problem in the laser unit

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Novo View Post
    Hi folks!

Today I've got a SC220 on my Ricoh MP4000. The sm tells, that this is a "laser synchronizing detection error: start position LD0" and means "the laser synchronizing detection signal for the start position of the LDB is not output for two seconds after LDB unit turns on while the polygon motor is rotating normally".

What is the reason you think? I want to believe that kind of a "contaminated optics" or "defective LDB, sensor or board"... But no!

The sm has the following reasons: "The Copy Data Security card not installed" or "The Copy Data Security Module is installed, but it is not the correct type for the machine"

I was taken aback. What the f is that? I never used any kind of security stuff.
    The only way is that my users have enabled the feature with a user tool (User Tools - System Settings - Administration Tool) without this module. But machine then must raise the SC165 and stop forever (detection of illegal removal of Copy Data Security Module). But where is the SC220 there? I can't see any logical link.
    And the SC221 reasons are the same. Is this a kind of typo or somewhat?

Anyway today I'm heading for the maintanance and blow the laser unit, look for SC history. Please send your comments.

Perform dot pitch adjustment.And if fails Clean laser unit. Prefer to blow any dustortoner ithasandperform dotpitch adjustment.
    Perhaps it happens because of moving copier to an other place and this movement wasn't smooth.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

what is the sp number for dot pitch adjustment
    Thanks alot

Hi,
    The same issue is that I am facing.I have replaced LD unit (D009-1870) and now trying to calibrate the LD unit's position through a screw (probably #104 in Parts Cat).Any help will be appritiated please.I need the same info as Mickel Sfwat too.

Hi,
    I am facing the same issue just like Mikel Safwt.Please guide me.I have swapped the LD Unit(D009-1870) and now facing issues to adjust it .Most probably I do not adjust screw #104( as per part cat).Any help will be much appreciated please.
    Attached Files Attached Files