Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar

DVD1 and 2 Ricoh manuals

Hello chaps, I had to re-install xp pro on my laptop due to a crash now i can't open any of the ricoh parts/service manuals either on my c drive or from dvd. Have installed latest adobe and IE8 plus chrome to no avail- any help greatly appreciated.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    DVD1  and 2 Ricoh manuals

Do the docs have the PDF icon next to them? Have you tried right click and chose "open with.." What happens when you try to open them?

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    Do the docs have the PDF icon next to them? Have you tried right click and chose "open with.." What happens when you try to open them?
    There is no pdf icon, however when I open dvd 1 the contents tdmv file is in pdf format, I then open this and the list of disks is displayed, then let's say I go to open disk 2 it tries to open then gives me the message 'could not find the folder contents.htm, make sure you typed the name correctly.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    If you use the same DVDs we use in the Uk in Ireland you should have a index html file which takes you to a menu.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts verderacer's Avatar
    DVD's??? Here in NA we dont have them, but do you use the FSD? If you can login to RICOH you should be able to access the GA. server where the original image is stored. You can then download the entire Service_eResource directory. Depending on the speed of your connection it will take a couple of days. I unfortunately went through this a few weeks ago when iKon trashed my HD.
    Ricoh & Microsoft may pay the bills but Un*x saves my ass every day.
    MCSE/CCNE/ENS and other crap...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verderacer View Post
    DVD's??? Here in NA we dont have them, but do you use the FSD? If you can login to RICOH you should be able to access the GA. server where the original image is stored. You can then download the entire Service_eResource directory. Depending on the speed of your connection it will take a couple of days. I unfortunately went through this a few weeks ago when iKon trashed my HD.
    Well sounds good and possibly bad who pays for your internet connection? Ricoh or you to download a couple of days data

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Now I'm curious - Although we get to receive the DVDs directly, I never saw a DVD image on TESSA - which would be handy since we usually get the new DVDs pretty late (we got the 2009 DVDs late in 2010). As we have untiered internet access, wouldn't hurt to download the images. Anyone knows if TESSA holds the images? If so, where?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    The FSD isn't an image of a DVD. It is simply a folder full of damn near everything. My current FSD docs folder is over 24GB, so downloading may take some time. When it was rolled out to us a copy of the folder was placed on each branch office's server temporarily so we could go there and copy it off the LAN to avoid having to download it off the 'net. We synchronize it off the 'net or at the office. I try to do that at least monthly to avoid it taking too long.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Nice, but anyone knows if TESSA has an ftp or something similar from where we can sync or something?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Sorry, mrwho, we here in Canada sync from a copy of the folder we get from Ricoh USA. TESSA is the european counterpart to the TSRC here in North America, but I can't speak to navigating to the specific folder.

Nice line under your username! Would that be a SpaceBallism? "How many assholes do we have on this ship anyhow?", said Dark Helmet.