Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Unhappy DF3010 of MP4000 Jamming

I spent a whole day yesterday to repair this DF3010. I already replaced the ADF Board, Feed Rollers, Sensors and lubricate all the gears but still the same problem. It jammed at the mid-way of the ADF. Does anybody has the experience like this? We have 15 ADF having problem like this but I can't find any solution. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Hi does it look like the document is catching on something or is it just stopping dead, with no damage to the document? I have just come across a couple of DF3030s, new ones, that the documents are catching and "dog earing" on the scan glass because the left hinge on the DF is not operating fully and the DF does not fully close at the left rear. I had to put a shorter screw in and that put more tension on the spring so the DF would fully close first time.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

DF3010 of MP4000 jamming.

Quote Originally Posted by daveyt View Post
    Hi does it look like the document is catching on something or is it just stopping dead, with no damage to the document? I have just come across a couple of DF3030s, new ones, that the documents are catching and "dog earing" on the scan glass because the left hinge on the DF is not operating fully and the DF does not fully close at the left rear. I had to put a shorter screw in and that put more tension on the spring so the DF would fully close first time.
    Thanks for your reply. It just stopping dead, it's like there's a delay. But I tried lubricate and even replaced some one-way gears and the belt, unfortunately still the same. I tested the motors from others machine, still the same..I'm already tired thinking about the solution, huh!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    DF3010 of MP4000 Jamming

What's the jam code?
    Totoro

Senior Tech 100+ Posts verderacer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    What's the jam code?
    and I would add where does it stop??? at the reg sensor? have you tested all your sensors in input mode?
    Ricoh & Microsoft may pay the bills but Un*x saves my ass every day.
    MCSE/CCNE/ENS and other crap...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    It stops mostly before the exit roller. I checked all the sensors through input mode, all are ok. I even replaced all the sensors but still the same problem..

Vijith
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioksrall View Post
    I spent a whole day yesterday to repair this DF3010. I already replaced the ADF Board, Feed Rollers, Sensors and lubricate all the gears but still the same problem. It jammed at the mid-way of the ADF. Does anybody has the experience like this? We have 15 ADF having problem like this but I can't find any solution. Please help. Thanks in advance.
    You must clean the places where sensors are there If it is dust then you will get paper jam.
    Where the refection comes due to the paper dust on these point it will make paper jam mostly in registration of the ADF.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    All the sensors are well cleaned..and even responding through input mode..Now A4 working fine but it jams when using A3 size paper.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    DF3010 of MP4000 Jamming

I know exactly what you're talking about. If the code is 53 check this out. open the feed jam over and notice the position of the skew and sep sensors, now look down on the main part of the DF where the sensors will focus, you will see a black hole and if there is any, ANY paper dust in there it will trigger the jam. Just blow it out.
    I had two of these, one on a DSc545 and one on an MP5000 that I was replacing parts on a regular basis, Until I blew out this non-descript hole.
    Good luck

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Yeah I did this that's why A4 size is working but I wonder why A3 size keeps jamming even if the paper size sensor is responding through input mode. Thanks for the reply.