Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I replaced the mirror that's supposedly the problem, no change. Hotline suggests adjusting scanner position so that it's nice and straight from op to non-op. We'll see.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    yellow background on MPC2000

Quote Originally Posted by morgansterne View Post
    I replaced the mirror that's supposedly the problem, no change. Hotline suggests adjusting scanner position so that it's nice and straight from op to non-op. We'll see.
    Always a good idea, but sounds like their stretching

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Technician
    You have to check the factory settings again, SP 4685-002 for DF ,4686-002 for DF 4687-002 DF it should of course be as its written on the papper that you find in the cover. if we are talking copy from Df
    Re. fuser oil, on the mirrors i have never seen that on newer copy m/c,
    Some one asked me before about my time in the business, since Xerox 1040 so it`s around 25 years

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar
    [QUOTE]
    "Jomma
    All mirrors are used and you would not get this fenomena even if there are some dirt.. And Never Never Use any solvent on mirrors.Only dry cloth.

And problem was that i missed a line in factory settings when replacing NVram, the gray settings in DF mode was wrong....... "

Gestetner TEch Can you please give also tips to where you can find or read a service manual saying don't use alcohol(the best solvent) on the mirrors?You are asking for tips but you don't even say thank you to the people who gave you time. Instead you are saying you're 25 years in the industry. Years are not the barometer of a good technician. It is the humility and respect that matters. I have asked help here in this site but I never pretended to be the best. Please refer to the service manual preventive maintenance - just use the manual of DSM 615,etc. page 2-1.
    Nobody is perfect..

Technician
    Hi rsyarcia.
    Well you can read the manual of for example MPC 2800 PM

Reflector C Optics cloth
    1st/2nd/3rd mirrors C Optics cloth

Its ok to use Alcohol on scanerglass,
    But i learned By 3M and others that never use any solutions on mirrors becouse you will harm the silveroxid that mirrors are made of.
    Some say that use compressed air, thats not a good solution becouse the drive gas in the bottles are danger to mirrors.
    And by using a compresor you can get oil from it. so a Optis cloth is what should be used.

regarding saying thank you. well i appoligize.
    I asked for tips , but found the problem myself, all the tips was not relevant to the problem.

Ok I red the service manual and it is very obvious that you disregarded the other mirrors in which we can use alcohol especially the exposure glass and ADF exposure glass. We are not only talking about the 1st/2nd/3rd mirrors it is the whole optics. And it is very clear that we can use solvents(e.g: alcohol). We are doing Ricoh machines and not 3M and others. Just base on the PM when you gonna use solvent. Anyway thank you for your post.

Scanner

Reflector C Optics cloth
    1st/2nd/3rd mirrors C Optics cloth
    Front and Rear Rails C Dry cloth
    Exposure Glass C C Dry cloth;alcohol
    ADF Exposure Glass C C Dry cloth;alcohol
    APS Sensor C Dry cloth
    Nobody is perfect..

Technician
    The only parts that you should not use alcohol are the mirrors as written in the manual. when i talke optics i mean the mirrors and the lens on CCD the expossure glas and scanner glass i dont refer to optics in that way, and its ok to use alchol on.
    What i meant by 3M was that many yeares back we worked with OH projectors that had big Mirrors inside, and we was teached to never never toutch them. we also work with Ricoh. I v been Ricoh tech since 1997.
    regards
    Lars

ok, thank you..
    Nobody is perfect..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Still working on this issue and I will post here a solution when its done.

we're waiting for that sir!!
    Nobody is perfect..