Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

yellow background on MPC2000

This is od when copying from ADF the colur copies gets yellow background, but copying from glas they are normal.
    Anyone got any tip?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Try to clean the optics unit and the scan glass. There might some dust or particles on it. Goodluck!

Technician
    Well since the copies are ok when not using ADF there are no dirt on optics. scan glass cleaned.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

I think he means clean the mirrors. When copying using the DF, only a particular part of the mirrors are used and cleaning with a solvent may cure the problem. Also clean the white plate above the DF scan glass, if it is scratched, replace it.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

just one copy?? 500+ Posts

Copy calibration???? Just a thought!
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Technician
    Jomma
    All mirrors are used and you would not get this fenomena even if there are some dirt.. And Never Never Use any solvent on mirrors.Only dry cloth.

And problem was that i missed a line in factory settings when replacing NVram, the gray settings in DF mode was wrong.......

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gestetner tech View Post
    Jomma
    All mirrors are used and you would not get this fenomena even if there are some dirt.. And Never Never Use any solvent on mirrors.Only dry cloth.

And problem was that i missed a line in factory settings when replacing NVram, the gray settings in DF mode was wrong.......
    What Jomama was saying (and I agree, though that turned out not to be the problem) is that a different area of the mirror surface is "seen" by the ccd due to the optical angle when using the adf, so an image problem may not show up when scanning but can when using the doc feeder and visa versa. I don't know how many years you've been in the business but you should learn to never say never as to what can cause an issue or 'phenomenon' .
    Also, alcohol is a solvent and it's perfectly fine to use on the mirror surfaces. I would never use a dry cloth, you might as well be using sandpaper if you have really dirty mirror surfaces. A liquid cleaner will dissolve and float the contaminants off. Do your wash your car with a dry cloth?

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts

teebee hit it on the head there, was obvious as to what jomama was refering to when saying "only a particular part of the mirrors are used". yes all mirrors are used but only a small area from front to rear is used on these mirrors with them being in a static position under the slit glass. if mirrors are slightly coated in a dusting of colour toner, then copies could have the same colour background as well. i also agree with never dusting mirrors with dry cloth, remember old canon np1215 range used to get green/yellow film over the mirrors. only ipa would clean them and it never harmed the glass.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    hey, I"m having the same issue . . . I think the SP settings he's referring to are 4685, 4686, and 4687, just for your info. They should be much closer to zero than the factory default settings. Ricoh hotline suggests I ruined some kind of coating on the mirrors by using too strong of a solvent. I'm not convinced tho. Hit me back up with any suggestions please!

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Since these are single surface mirror and you are rubbing on the coated side, it will be easier to ruin the surface but I use alcohol on a regular basis and Sel-Sol (from Densigraphics) in tough cases. No really rubbing is required just be sure and remove any residue. The nice thing about soap is it separates the dirt from the surface, the bad thing about alcohol is it doesnt, it just moves the dirt around so it has to be cleaned off after its dissolved. But you know, you gotta do what you gotta do.
    BTW, oil from a fuser section will leave a yellowish coating and it has to be dissolved to be removed.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+