Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

update user names, email,folder,etc. for Ricoh MPc2800

HI

Pls can someone tell me if there are a software for updating All users data at a time, because i have 130 users to input name, password, email address, i would lose time to input user one by one. because that i would like to known if there are software more quicker to update & input data of user. Not one by one on web image monitor. Thanks

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Yeah, you can copy the address book to an SD card via SP modes.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    You can also export the adress book to a *.CSV-file with Smart Device Monitor.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copyman20's Avatar
    you can use Ricohs smart device monitor for admin. It was design for this kind of thing. you could also see from the WIM is the address book has a "Maintance" Button. if it does, go to the maintance button and backup your addresses. save the file in a place that you can find easily. than once your replacement machine is in, goto the address book (in WIM) of the new machine, go into the maintance section and restore the address book from the file you saved from the old machine. Don't be surprised if you get an error. some times this error shows up, you go to the address book and the addresses are there, and sometimes it won't. but at least you haven't lost alot of time.
    The sure fire way to get this done is to use Smart Device Monitor for Admin (download free from ricoh site). Export the address book from the old unit and it will save as a .csv file. once your new unit is online, import the csv file back to the new units address book.

Good luck

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gesttech View Post
    HI

Pls can someone tell me if there are a software for updating All users data at a time, because i have 130 users to input name, password, email address, i would lose time to input user one by one. because that i would like to known if there are software more quicker to update & input data of user. Not one by one on web image monitor. Thanks
    Does the customer have an Excel spreadsheet of the usernames etc?

If so, input 1 set of data into the machine manually, download Smart Device monitor for Admin, browse to the machine and EXPORT (Not COPY) the machine address book. If you COPY you will get a ".UDF" file (Similar to WIM), EXPORT will give you a ".CSV" ...

Use this .CSV file as a template and paste the required data from the Excel spreadsheet into the appropriate columns. Use SDMA to IMPORT this modified file back to the machine and test af few codes to confirm operation.

Technician
    You can made an Backup with the web interface :-) thats easy

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    update user names, email,folder,etc. for Ricoh MPc2800

Import , Export would be the simplest way.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Smart Device Monitor is your best friend in this situation, by all means.

If you are upgrading from one machine to another (your post doesn't actually say that, but it looks like you may be), you may find that the formats don't match, as some others here have posted.

That normally only happens when there is a large "generation gap" between the two models, though.

Note: The one thing that will never work is the copying of folder passwords from one machine to another, even the very same model. That is a security feature, and is by design.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

yes smart device monitor for admin is the fastest way to do it as it will push it out to all the devices. But if you don't have this luxury import/export under the maintenance portion of the address book will be your best friend.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jettamand View Post
    You can made an Backup with the web interface :-) thats easy
    BUT if you need to import large numbers of emails etc you need Smart Device monitor. You can't (unless you can prove me wrong?) do this with web image monitor!