Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Exclamation Ricoh aficio 2020

I have this beast which show a jam on the display. "open right side,follow instructions" and directs you toward "B". I have pullled this thing apart and there are no jams, broken sensor flags, everything looks good but I can't clear the jam.

I have gone into the SP's but I don't see any sensor tests. I try to run 5803, but it just defaults to the error display.

Help, please.

Robert

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh aficio 2020

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    check reg roller area, smal pieces of paper can get stuck and are not apparent, you may need to drop down the rh door ( full box of paper or a chair ussually suffices to stop the door dropping down, the sensor actuator for the reg rollers only has to be slightly displaced to register a jam .You may also have to unscrew the entrance guide located on the reg roller, this will drop down and give access to the possible jam
    good luck

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoceran View Post
    check reg roller area, smal pieces of paper can get stuck and are not apparent, you may need to drop down the rh door ( full box of paper or a chair ussually suffices to stop the door dropping down, the sensor actuator for the reg rollers only has to be slightly displaced to register a jam .You may also have to unscrew the entrance guide located on the reg roller, this will drop down and give access to the possible jam
    good luck
    good answer. also, removing the pcu will help looking in this area. another is to remove the fuser to see if a sensor flag was knocked out of place.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    i already have 2 problems like this... and i just rotate the reg roller with hand and piece of paper came out from there..

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh aficio 2020

inputs checks are 5803 like all the other Ricohs

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Technician
    I have gone into the SP's but I don't see any sensor tests. I try to run 5803, but it just defaults to the error display. Can you walk me through the last part. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I get to the "check right door sensor" option, choose "execute" and it goes right to the "open right door and follow instructions to clear B jam".

Help, please.

Robert

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rschmitt View Post
    I have gone into the SP's but I don't see any sensor tests. I try to run 5803, but it just defaults to the error display. Can you walk me through the last part. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I get to the "check right door sensor" option, choose "execute" and it goes right to the "open right door and follow instructions to clear B jam".

Help, please.

Robert
    open and close front door, hehehe............ it maybe as easy as that
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Ricoh aficio 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ponto700 View Post
    i already have 2 problems like this... and i just rotate the reg roller with hand and piece of paper came out from there..
    I just ran into this same issue with the same model and did this and out came a small section of paper. problem fixed.