Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    MP5000 SC553 Have tried everything we can think of!!!

Hey Zed,
    Found this, have a look and le tme know what u think. Cant find a price for it yet, but it appears to log for up to 24hrs and has a heap of different displays.

Power Parameters: /Product Search
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I have a similar problem, with dirty power I mean, on a different machine. It doesn't give me SC codes though but a lot of other funny stuff. I talked to an electrician about the concept of "dirty power" and he confirmed there is such a thing first of all, and that it might also be "tones" (I don't really know how to translate it), in other words disruptions from other electrical equipment on the same circuit.

After that I called APC and asked them how exactly a UPS works, and they confirmed that a UPS actually "cuts" the circuit. The unit that is driven by the UPS isn't directly connected to the power outlet so to speak, it draws it's power from the battery and the battery draws it's power from the outlet. Therefore, if you have a machine with these kinds of problems, installing a UPS could solve it. It works much like the voltage regulator teebee's talking about. The problem with the UPS is that you need a pretty capable one to handle the power consumption a copier has. If the copier consumes 1600 watts max, then you need a UPS that has the same specification. I don't know what is the cheaper option though, a UPS of that size starts at about $600 so it's not a very cheap option. Unfortunally I haven't had the chance to test this theory yet, but I do believe it'd work.
    Peace sells, but who's buying?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Power is certainly a possible cause of SC codes/faults on Copiers. Worth keeping those excess chokes you get from installs. keep in a bag and use on power cords of either the MFP or if your allowed the device cause noise. Cheap mini paper shredders often have no choke on them simply adding one will make a big difference. First noticed the difference at home where the Digital receiver TV everytime the shreder was used the picture went crazy. A coil wrapped around the power of the shredder no problems.

Started doing in schools and small offices with shredders, fridges (you know the type a years old piece of junk brought in from home by worker) and in quite a few cases repeat calls melted away..

Changing the ring the devices are on can help but often this means speaking to someone who knows the layout of the wiring which is easier said than done in a typical workplace.

Smoothing the power would probably get rid of even more issues. it is evident in some bulidings where the buliding is well layed out and equipped random errors do seem to happen far less often.