Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mondem08

Question MPC 5000 toner issue

Dear fellow techs,

I have 1 unit MPC 5000 which are displaying "all toners almost empty" even though i have replenish with new set's of toner cartridge. What are the main causes? Is there any problem with the toner supply tube?For additional info i do a general servicing on to the machine and clean all the sensor's.i cheat the front door, CMYB are turning when doing copies. note: the copies is still ok not giving me a light copy.

Thanks in advance

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MPC 5000 toner issue

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

E Winter
    That toner-remaining icon doesn't make much sense at this b/w machine because there is no ID chip at the toner or any kind of "new-toner-recognition". The problem is that you put a new toner into the machine before the actual "toner-end" condition.

You can try this:

- remove the toner hopper
    - seal the toner entrance hole at the pcu with the plug
    - make full back copies until the toner-end condition is reached
    - unseal the PCU and re-install the toner

that's it

But I would recommend to disable the toner-icon display via SP

Edit: Oh - I just realized that you have a MPC5000 not MP5000 - this is definetly another issue in your case.

Have you tried to install SPC PCU's? Check if the SP "New Unit Detection" is in the default state (I think it should be "on"). Keep in mind that the TD-sensor PWBs at the dev units are containing some kind of ID chips as well - this error may be connected with a faulty or wrong (=SPC820 series) TD sensor chip.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com
    Does anyone else get tired of this clown pimping his business in every other thread?

E Winter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Does anyone else get tired of this clown pimping his business in every other thread?
    Yes - I think this is:

And I'd never pay for some copyright infringements, especially if I could get the stuff for free by the community or trade.

mondem08
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sommer View Post
    That toner-remaining icon doesn't make much sense at this b/w machine because there is no ID chip at the toner or any kind of "new-toner-recognition". The problem is that you put a new toner into the machine before the actual "toner-end" condition.

You can try this:

- remove the toner hopper
    - seal the toner entrance hole at the pcu with the plug
    - make full back copies until the toner-end condition is reached
    - unseal the PCU and re-install the toner

that's it

But I would recommend to disable the toner-icon display via SP

Edit: Oh - I just realized that you have a MPC5000 not MP5000 - this is definetly another issue in your case.

Have you tried to install SPC PCU's? Check if the SP "New Unit Detection" is in the default state (I think it should be "on"). Keep in mind that the TD-sensor PWBs at the dev units are containing some kind of ID chips as well - this error may be connected with a faulty or wrong (=SPC820 series) TD sensor chip.

Man thanks for the advice, but i all ready state the new uni detection by 1 and restart the machine. if the chip is having an error it should indicate and SC code. all i do is memory clear the engine then restart the machine then its ok.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    If it's all four I would look at the toner drives common to all units. Run them in test mode.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts verderacer's Avatar
    I would be looking closely at the RFID controller board and at the error history. Are there any SC68x codes? Also look at the following.

5804 192 RFID ON/OFF: K
    5804 193 RFID ON/OFF: Y
    5804 194 RFID ON/OFF: C
    5804 195 RFID ON/OFF: M
    5804 196 RFID COM ON: K
    5804 197 RFID COM ON: Y
    5804 198 RFID COM ON: C
    5804 199 RFID COM ON: M
    Ricoh & Microsoft may pay the bills but Un*x saves my ass every day.
    MCSE/CCNE/ENS and other crap...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts verderacer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sommer View Post
    Yes - I think this is:

And I'd never pay for some copyright infringements, especially if I could get the stuff for free by the community or trade.
    +10000000000 I am so sick of seeing this guy post this crap everywhere when nobody is asking for a manual. Thats why there is a specific section for that request.
    Ricoh & Microsoft may pay the bills but Un*x saves my ass every day.
    MCSE/CCNE/ENS and other crap...

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    FIXED??????